update

berisa

My dad yesterday starts to take Morphine. He takes 2.5ml per time and 6 times per day, total 15ml per day. Actually, is the dose too much? For your knowledge, what is the side effect?

On top of what I mentioned previously about his condition, he now can't speak and even a little voice that we cannot communicate with him, his right hand is not moving as good as before. He has trouble in cough the sputum out. He has trouble to breathe well. The most trouble thing is, he cannot tell where he feels pain, what he feels now etc that we don't know how to help him, for example, whether should we tell nurse to inject the pain killer to him while he is in terrible pain.

But, 2 days ago, he started to has some movement in his left arm. It is really strange. He is now on feeding tube. He drinks soya milk (with many nutrients) 5 times daily now.

Last Friday, while my husband and I started to join the Church fellowship, that was our first time having fellowship there. The activity of that time was reading Bible, the amazing thing is, the topic was talking about how Christian view "death" and view "beloved ones pass away". I thank GOD and think this is what GOD want me to know and understand, Death is not a terrible thing. They just sleep in Christ. They are being with Jesus. They have no suffer and their pass away is GOD's will, they have no more responsibility in the earth. I cried when I shared my dad's story in front of the Pastor. He taught me what scripture should tell Dad to comfort him. I am so thankful and I told my dad about the scripture yesterday. Hallelujah. I know God is with us.

Yes...God is standing right there beside you and your dad. He's holding you up......He's laying there beside your father....easing his pain. I'm sorry I don't know anything about late stage narcotics nor the accompanying pain thresholds...so I can be of no help. Please lean on God for the help He provides. Bless you...

Oh baby, I am praying for you, hugging you, holding you and applauding you all at the same time. You are so brave, so sweet, so filled with faith that you feed mine. Your grace and beauty and courage in dealing with this situation and and and and and and and and and - I could go on and on. God bless you. I wish you were my neighbor, but since you aren't, I am so grateful that we are sisters in Christ.

Your friend and sister,

Peggy

Berisa,

My Dad was given moraphine to comfort and ease his pain during his last days of lung cancer. We just followed the recommended schedule. My mother also died of cancer two weeks later, but refused pain meds. She slipped into a comma quickly and seemed to not have any pain. I wish I were more help, all I can say is take your cue from your Dad.

It is sad to see our loved ones suffer. We feel so helpless. I remember feeling so quilty. I felt like I was over medicating my Dad. I felt guilty for wanting their suffering and mine to end. Please know that these feelings are normal should you have them. Just remember that Christ has prepared the way for your Dad to a life of imortality. Where he is going there will be no pain and suffering. You will see him again one day. Just trust in God.

Cheryl

Berisa,

Not only is God leading your father to a better place, He is also showing you what you need to know right now. I'm glad you have this comfort, and hope it keeps you strong in the days to come. You have been in my prayers and I pray especially now for your father to have less (or no) pain, and for you to be as much as peace as possible. (((hugs)))

BeckyCW

Oh Sweetie,

I'm sorry to hear things are not going as well as you had hoped and prayed for.

At this point just keeping your wonderful father comfortable is all that's important. Please don't worry about the side effects. His comfort is ALL that's important my dear.

God IS with you every step of this journey. God will reach out for your father when the time is right. GOD IS GOOD!!! Death is nothing to be afraid of. I try to look at it as being as GOOD and WONDERFUL as birth.

We need to remember that with birth, comes death. We're all here on borrowed time. I know your BLESSED to have a wonderful father, and I have NO doubt he is BLESSED for bringing a wonderful daughter into the world, such as yourself.

God Bless to you and your family, and I too will continue to keep you all in my prayers.

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

Connie

Bless you, Berisa - isn't it something how you can be so much more at peace with things when you understand more of God's love and the role Jesus plays in our lives - and deaths?

I try to remember that out of everything that seems bad there is some good, and even though your father is suffering so much in his earthly form right now, at least you, and him, are finding peace through Christ.

Take care, and know we are thinking of you,

Karen C.

(((((Berisa))))),

I also am sorry that things have not improved for your Father. I know that it is so difficult to contemplate the loss of a parent but I also now understand the other side of that coin.

I am ready, whenever my time comes, to move on to the next part of what God has in store for me. I know once that time comes I will no longer have the pain I feel now (from time to time). Nor will I have the daily things to deal with. The part I hate the most is the pain that will be felt by those I leave behind. I have tried (and continue to try) to make my friends and loved ones understand that I am ok with death and that I WILL see them again in a MUCH better place.

I know your Father has accepted the Lord as his savior and he WILL be waiting for you when YOUR time comes.

You do have my prayers and best wishes.

God Bless,

MO

Berisa,

I am so glad to hear that you have so much faith. I too lift everything up to God, for it is bigger than I am. I have all the faith and belief that Jesus takes care of us. It is whatever his will be done. All things are possible through Christ and he answers our prayers. God bless your father and your family and always in my prayers. Thinking of you...

Blessings and hugs,

Karen