Rocco

Hello-

I'm Rocco. 43, married with three kids 9, 7 and 6. Dx 9/02 with a pancoast tumor chemo/rads and surgery at Fox Chase Cancer center in Philly. 1x adjuvant chemo and they tell me I'm NED.

Still take the occassional percocet for pain, but in the past month, the pain has finally subsided somewhat. Still numb, tingling in arm from neuropahy, but I survived.

Raised Catholic, I'm more spiritual than anything and believe in self healing, attitude and determination. I'm kind of a ChristianKabbalistBuddhist now which explains the self healing beliefs.

Seems like a wonderful board and I'm looking forward to informative and supportive discussions.

Rocco

Welcome Rocco; so glad you found us and that your NED;

Know one should have to go through this alone and the beauty of this board is that we don't have to. You will find excellent support , sound information and most important of all SURVIVORS.!! :D:D

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC - stage IIB - left pneumonectomy - 5/2/01

"absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Hi Rocco!

I'm only one flavor of spiritual being :wink: (Christian) but I know that my God says - For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he!

The power of the mind....it can NOT be discounted.

I'm reminded of the story where some college boys were "hazing" their frat "newbies".....They built a huge bonfire and put branding irons in the fire. All the "newbies" were instructed to be blindfolded, turn around and drop their pants. All the newbies thought they were going to be 'branded'...but one young man REALLY BELIEVED it....so much so that when they put an ICE CUBE to the bare bottoms - the young man who REALLY BELIEVED he was being branded with a sorching hot branding iron....got third degree burns....from an ICE CUBE!

Now that's the power of the mind!

Love and hugs and a welcome to the board.

welcome Rocco!!!!

I am kind of like you in the beliefs way. I am a roman cathlolic YET i always open myself to reading up on positive spiritual things. I think Hell Madonna looks better than most 20 year olds and she into that stuff....something must be goign on good there...hehe

Hi Rocco...I am new here too. So sorry we all come together under these circumstances, but grateful this board is here. Everyone has been fabulous to me and it helps me alot. I have always believed that attitude & determination were huge factors in all parts of our life. I have also known that self healing is very possible, although I never knew that I would need to depend on these things like I do now. Your progress sounds so encouraging...way to go! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :D Cherry45

Hey Rocco, Welcome to the greatest support group you could ever hope for. All the wonderful people on this board have helped me through a very tough year and a half. Right now I go to Jeff and U of P, but know that Fox Chase is wonderful. We are Survivors and I believe that attitude will help us remain survivors. :)