Questions

Guest JamieC777

Guest JamieC777

My mom has Extensive SCLC but also has it in her brain. Is it common for that to have spread so far? She has a 7cm tumor in her lung but it comes out into her chest up to her esophogus. That seems like a huge amount of cancer to be able to work with at all. Their biggest concern right now is her brain, she is on radiation for that.

What can I expect? I mean is it less time to live, worse recovery etc... I know we are not med. professionals on the boards, but just wondering other's experiences.

SCLC is a nasty beast. It can and does go wherever it wants. The good news is, it usually responds well to chemo.

Since there are already mets to the brain it would be considered extensive sclc which still doesn't mean it can't be beaten!

It sounds from your posts like the Dr.'s have a treatment plan in place and I expect they will have some answers for you shortly.

In the mean time, your Mom is NOT a statistic. Don't focus on the "Bad" news, focus on LIFE and making the most of whatever time you have!

Prayers for strength and healing are being sent your way.

God Bless,

MO