Update on GVAX participation

Guest Billie

Guest Billie

Thought I would let you all know where I am at with this GVAX trial. Last week the U of WI Cancer Center informed me that I needed to have a few more tests done to complete the criteria necessary for participation. They told me that failure to meet any of the criteria they needed would preclude me from participation. Today I had 3 tests done, EKG, Oxygen Spirometer &pulmonary function. The results of all these were normal, (Thank you, God). So now all I have left is to go to Madison, WI next week for exams by the oncologist there and the thorasic surgeon who will remove my lymph node(s), and have some blood tests to make sure that my immune system is okay. It should be since I just had blood work done 2 weeks ago and all was back to normal. This has been a bigger ordeal than I imagined, but worth it. Thanks again for all your well wishes and prayers.

Billie

Billie,

It sounds as if everything is going ahead, that is so wonderful. I am praying that this is truly a blessing for you, a miracle. It is already wonderous that you have fulfilled all the requirements thus far; Praise God.

You are in my prayers. Please keep us posted and let us know how it goes.

Carleen

Billie,

Praying that all goes well for you and that you get into the GVAX trial.

I called the GVAX people yesterday to inquire about my eligibility. I have a malignant pleural effusion and would be a good candidate, BUT and here is the ironic thing:

I must be able to give to give them 600 ml of fluid. I just had a Denver Catheter put in 3 weeks ago to drain the extra large quantity of fluid and now I have almost NO fluid left. Wouldn't you know....

So we will see how much longer I have to keep draining the fluid, and if the fluid comes back. For now I will stay on the trial I am currently enrolled in ZD-6474.

Good Luck to you!

TAnn

Billie,

Sounds like, so far so good, which is terrific. I hope you pass final inspection...we'll be waiting to hear and then support you all the way through this. I'll be watching for future posts and, in the meantime, hold you in prayer.

Blessings,

Margaret