Once More (with FEELING)

Fay A.

got the reports on my latest CTs of my head and chest: After 9 years I am suddenly-and with neither treatment nor an explanation- without my little (1.5cm) benign brain tumor. I am also without an almost 3cm subcarinal node.

And after years of being told that the left adrenal mass is a benign adenoma...they're saying it isn't clearly an adenoma...and very well could be a met.

Acccccccccccck and Arrrrrrrrrrrgh, and other words which are not nice.

You know what? This has entered the realm of the ridiculous.

I guess instead of putting on weight, your last pictures unexplainably have removed some... :?::?:

Not sure I LIKE the Realm of Ridiculous - is that a stage in some S&M role-playing game?? :roll:

Fay, I sure hope some one gets their "scat" straight soon! (Do you have a PROSTATE in those pictures? Is it REALLY you??)

BAH! Primal scream therapy, dude-ess! Ready?

1, 2, 3...

ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!

The neighbors are looking...and pointing...and there's the White Coats - I gotta go, catch ya later!

Hey Fay?

The only thing I can say about all this STUFF is: FOR CRIN OUT LOUD!

I don't know WHAT TO SAY! That's a FIRST!!

Still Loving you BUNCHES MY FREIND! And I'm STILL PRAYING FOR YOU!

I'm prayer for yet ANOTHER FIVE YEARS OF FRIENDSHIP WITH YOU! We made it five years, and I only want 5 years more is all. Like my hubby says. "It's for the NEEDY NOT THE GREEDY"

Warm & Gentle Hugs,

Fay,

It sounds like they have a class of student radiologists rolling through your facility in turn, each reading the scan a little bit differently.

Maybe they just lost their best radiologists and are contracting them out.

Maybe they had a change in policy, and are redefining what such and such is to be interpreted as, according to the american college of radiologists.

Sounds more like inconsistency on THEIR part than yours... at least about the adrenal. Betcha it looks about the same.

Call and ask them what the heck is going on? Maybe your oncologist could get a straight answer.

Lord love a duck, dear sweet woman, you do NOT deserve this!

I would wait and see whether to give the negative aspect of this read any credibility at all. Some schmoe never bothering to look at the prior scan... geesh...

Prayers, kiddo, prayers....

XOXOXOX

MaryAnn

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Sounds like the X-Files to me. Maybe your doctors are aliens. They don't know how to read human scans.

Thinking prayers for you. Take care.

Now wait just a minute.....

Couldn't the brain lesion have disappeared? And did the adrenal mass change in a way that makes them suspect it's malignant now? You might be surprised if you went to a radiologic conference; there is a strong element of art to radiologic interpretation. I am forever amazed at how radiologists can pick out one spot that looks to me like a hundred other similar spots & know that's the troublesome one. They freely admit that there is uncertainty in their interpretations. The technology is not perfect, and many different types of lesions are radiologically similar. So I'm not at all surprised that their interpretation has changed. It does not necessarily signify an error.

Fay-

Teresa just posted a very sagacious, temperate response to your dilemma, but it sure makes it hard on a person when they keep changing the rules of the game! Let us know when you get further clarification (IF you do :!:). Keep hangin' in there, 'cause I need you to look up to!

Okay, Teresag......I've had this brain lesion that started out at about 5mm 9 years ago. Over the years, according to CTs and MRIs, it slowly grew from 5mm, to 8mm, to 1cm, to 1.2cm, and in January of this year it showed up at 1.5cm on the MRI. Have had no treatment of any kind since December, and now the latest scan report says no lesion at all. Which is odd. I'm having another Radiologist look at the scans. I guess in the realm of possibilities it is possible that a tumor that has been present for several years could suddenly for no known reason completely disappear from inside in my head....but probably not.

And I have no idea of what they see that makes them think the adrenal mass could be a met now. All I know is the uncertainty is very hard to take, especially since I must make a decision about radiation treatment to the subcarina on a tumor that one minute is 3 cm and supposed to be there, and the next minute cannot be found. No one is presenting this as an "art" to

me. I have to make concrete -and once done- irrevocable decisions on how to treat the disease. And then I have to live with the consequences of that treatment, which is not benign.

I just need a break here. You know?

Fay,

You seem to have the worst luck with doctors! I think you are doing the right thing to have a second and I would ask for a third) opinion of all of this before I made a decision about treatment. They did me that way on my xrays in Jan....one said radiation pneumonitis....one said broken ribs....one said etc etc....but they all said they saw no signs of tumor so I believed that part. Let us know how all of this turns out. Bless you.

Nina

:twisted: This makes me think of the curse, "May you live in interesting times". I'd be smashing things if I were you (never said I was a tolerant sort :oops: ).

If you go for a second opinion, can you go to a teaching hospital? You need someone with an "inquiring mind", I think.

I can only dimly imagine how you feel now. I pray you will get good, accurate answers quickly.

:twisted:

Fay....

I am not the least bit surprised by medical error.... but that may just be an occupational hazard for me. It would be nice if ONE radiologist would compare all of the films (in a perfect world - right?)

I hope you get a correct (and good) interpretation soon. Heaven knows this is stressful enough even when done timely and correctly :roll::!:

Fay....

I am not the least bit surprised by medical error.... but that may just be an occupational hazard for me. It would be nice if ONE radiologist would compare all of the films (in a perfect world - right?)

I hope you get a correct (and good) interpretation soon. Heaven knows this is stressful enough even when done timely and correctly :roll:

Fay....

I hope you get a correct (and good) interpretation soon. Heaven knows this is stressful enough even when done timely and correctly :roll:

Fay....

Fay....

I hope you get a correct (and good) interpretation soon. Heaven knows this is stressful enough even when done timely and correctly.

Fay....

I hope you get a correct (and good) interpretation soon. Heaven knows this is stressful enough even when done timely and correctly.