Liquid vicadin for radiation

Andrea

Hi. I am not sure if anyone experienced what my mom did, but I wanted to pass it along b/c what a difference between today and yesterday..........

As planned and just as many here described, her esophagus started to feel terrible and she was in a lot of pain.........it hurt to swallow.........Sat her voice was fine when we went to get our haircut (she had lost 1/2 of her hair, never needed a wig, but now there is little black fuzz growing back and it makes her hair dirty).........Sun we did David's bridal and her voice was fine..........Sun night--NO VOICE :shock: She was making little sounds in the phone so I would know she was really at home ;)

Yest and this morning, still no voice. I was like hmmmm, will it come back? :? She saw radiation oncologist today, he gave her liquid vicadin and a few minutes later she called my cell phone with a full normal voice. It was like magic. :D

Andrea,

Glad the medication is working for your mother...and hoping it isn't nearly as NASTY (and I mean BAD NASTY) carafate my radiation oncologist prescribed...EWWWWWwwww

...and I'm confused. There's a picture of you with your posts and you are in a full wedding gown...and you were at David's Bridal for?? Your parents are still married, I thought... Are you collecting dresses, or is the dress on your posts a First Communion dress and you were just tall for your age? :wink:

Take care,

Becky

Snowflake,

My brother in law is getting married so I get to be in a bridal party, standing next to 6 other tall slim girls :shock: And all of the girls have that really pretty exotic darker skin, they are Persian and sooooooooo thin. :evil: Then there will be me, a red headed adorable blob :P

We came up with a trick, the strapless dress came with a shawl, we ordered a second shawl and we are going to have a tailor make off the shoulder sleeves b/c my arms are NOT for public viewing :)

Andrea, There is NOTHING wrong with being fluffy! I have been fluffy all my life (till chemo). God made you the way you are for a reason. All those skinny people have no idea how good it feels to eat a 2# package of Oreos at one time!!!

Sorry for them!!!

God Bless,

MO

Andrea, There is NOTHING wrong with being fluffy! I have been fluffy all my life (till chemo). God made you the way you are for a reason. All those skinny people have no idea how good it feels to eat a 2# package of Oreos at one time like I do!!!

Sorry for them!!!

God Bless,

MO

Ya know, the only time "fluffy" bothers me is when someone else is dictating what I WILL wear (as in bridesmaid dresses, business functions, etc.). As long as I can "hang out" in my jeans and long sleeves (skin is "photosensitive" right now, another summer in long sleeves coming on), I'm pretty much happy. Since I moved from a corporate job to a position within the plant, I can wear jeans to work EVERYDAY. So much better than a promotion or raise in salary! LOL (Translation - NO pantyhose!)

Now, formal attire was made for "perfect" women - ya know, that .05% that are fashion models... AMAZING how that small of a portion of the female population sets precedence for what is "fashionable" and "acceptable", donchathink? :roll:

I hear ya on the sleeves - I don't mind the "curves" I have, but the Popeye arms are NOT something I want to share...LOL :roll: