We have our reservations!

kimblanchard

The Cancer Centers of America called today - We have our plane reservations!

We will be leaving on May 21st. We will get into Tulsa at 6:00 pm. They have a driver pick us up at the baggage claim of the airport, take us directly to our room, help us with luggage and "answer any and all questions".

We will meet with a pulmonolgist, a nutritionist, a naturopathic doctor, a pain management doctor and a medical oncologist. PHEW!

We will be having to stay the weekend (Memorial Weekend) to finish up our consultation. But - I'm looking at is as a 'mini-vacation'. We won't leave until Wednesday at the earliest, maybe longer.

I understand they have Internet access for guests, so I'll try to post an update.

They have guest rooms set up and they only charge $25-30 per night. And they have a cafeteria where you can eat three meals per day for $7.50 per person!

They have so many alternative therapies and even do biotherapy and immunotherapy.

I'm really looking forward to this. I feel Mike will be given a complete and thorough physical and any need that he has will be met! Already the people I have talked to are so kind, compassionate and most of all - POSITIVE and HOPEFUL.

Love and hugs,

Way to go Shannon!

And get some rest before it's time to go - I'm sure it will mentally as well as physically draining - just the travelling itself and listening and "weighing" everything they present you with. We don't need YOU ending up sick Lady!

Prayers for both of you,

SandyS

Shannon,

I am so glad you are all set to go to the Cancer Centers of America. I am sending out lots of good vibes and prayers for you and Mike.

If you need anything while there, I am just a short drive away. I live in Mukwonago WI. but I work in Crystal Lake IL. so a short drive over to the CCA would be nothing to me. If you need anything during your stay just give me a call ('ll e-mail you my cell #)

God Bless you both,

Carleen

YEA Shannon and Mike :):)

Made my day!!, I'm soooooo happy for you guys; Wishing you much success at Cancer Center of America, and will keep on praying for the both of you.

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC- stage IIB left pneumonectomy 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Shannon,

This approach just makes so much sense. I wish it could be like that for everyone. I'm just sorry you have to travel to get it. I hope that you can look at it as a vacation and some time away from other distractions. Can't wait to hear more details.

Jenny