Try this!

Snowflake

Sorry Jerre,

Though I don't know the solution, you did not solve it. (I know, picky, picky, picky! :lol: )

Take your first example:

Ex. 9728

--------

the instructions were to circle one of the numbers in the answer, then type the other numbers in (in any order)

So circle the 8, leaving 1, 9, 9

I don't know what math it does, but some how it comes up with an 8 from those 3 numbers. So math experts, put on your thinking caps and figure it out for us!

Good Luck

Betty

Okay, hear goes... I did not finish the explanation....

The remaindar is 1899. Circle the 8 add 1 + 9 + 9 = 19; (y)

The sum of all of the numbers is always, 9, 18 or 27 ( a number divisiable by 9)

if y < 9 then

x = 9 - y;

else if y < 18 then

x = 18 - y;

else

x = 27 - y;

Jerrye

Geez, you guys! Don't you know Houdini magic when you see it? Why ya gotta analyze it?? :roll:

Brother...after this, I'll be wondering if my dirty jokes will end up with an anatomical blow-by-blow (well, some of 'em might! LOL) :oops:

Chill, folks, OBVIOUSLY there's a trick and it's a mathematical formula... Those with smoked brain cells will be burnin' what's left trying to figure it out - let's just call it "magic" and leave the man behind the curtain.... :wink: