Sister Update

Mary

It's been a while since I posted last. I've been reading the message board and thinking about everyone. My sister had the Gamma Knife and the recovery time was pretty quick. I encourage anyone with brain mets to check out this procedure before they get the whole brain radiation. I attempted to talk my sister out of whole brain radiation but she decided to go ahead with it. Her doctor at UVA agreed that it wasn't the best option because it kills good and bad cells indiscriminately.

My sister started another chemo, taxotere, last Friday. We are praying that she does well with this. The good part is she is no where near as sick to her stomach as she was with the taxol/carbo. Keep your fingers, toes, and any other applicable body part crossed that her tumors shrink!

Keeping the Faith,

Mary

Peg,

She was a candidate for body radiosurgery but my oldest sister talked her out of it. She claimed it was the same thing as IMRT which from my research it is not. The Ironic thing is that her Radiation Oncologist was on the local news last night promoting IMRT. He never offered it to her. He did say once we told him we were going to NY that he had more options for her. Maybe he meant he would offer her IMRT? I backed off after the last episode realizing that it has to be Charlotte's decision.

Mary