Paddy?

Melinda

Hi Melinda,

I'm still here. How sweet of you to be concerned for us. Dave is still on Taxotere and unfortunately suffering a few of the horrible side-effects. He is not picking as well as he did after his first chemo and seems quite a bit weaker. We did manage to have a nice time on our vacation with my daughter and family though, and had great fun with the grandchildren.

I am going through a difficult time at the moment and haven't had the heart to post much. Also my computer is down and I am having to use Dave's lap-top which is frustrating me terribly!! Give me some time to sort myself out and then I will be back in the fold.My thoughts and prayers are with you all in the meantime.Thanks again,

Love,

Paddy

Hi Paddy,

I don't think I've had the pleasure to write to you yet. Just wanted to share with you that my husband, too, had horrible side effects from Taxotere. It was so bad for him that I literally shudder when I hear the word Taxotere. He actually had a several allergic reaction to it in the 3rd cycle and immediately had to give him benadryl in his iv. They tried again the next week with benadryl in advance, but no way - turned beet red, heart racing, and he almost passed out. After that, he was flat on his back for 2 months. Of course, he was getting lung radiation at the same time, so the doctors admitted that they were probably a little too aggressive with him. He was in such superior health, that they wanted to start off with a bang - well, they did!!! I understand, though, from reading other's posts that many people on here have tolerated Taxotere quite well. Go figure. I guess it's "different strokes for different folks".

I'm also sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. Don't know if I can help, but feel free to PM if you like. I've only been at this cancer-fighting stuff for 8 months, but I sure have been down that road many times learning how to cope with the bad stuff this 'ol world dishes out.

Welcome back from your vacation, and I'm glad you had a good time!

God bless you,

Peggy

I am sorry you are having a hard time right now....seems to be the case with most of us at one time or another. Glad you posted to let us know about your vacation and my prayers are with you that things get better quickly.

Nina

Paddy,

Take all the time you need but know that we miss you.

It is tough to watch Dave having these problems from the Taxotere and I hope that at least the Taxotere is doing what it is supposed to do.

I agree with you about typing on a laptop, drives my crazy.

Come back when you can and take care of yourself.

Ginny