Looking for hope...

Junior

My dad was recently diagnosed with Stage IV NSCLC (Squamous Cell) in his left lung. The only metastisis is to the local lymph nodes and to the right lung. Surgery is not an option. He started Chemo today (Gemzar/Caroboplatin). They are also adding Celebrex to the treatment. I had read about this. It seems to help the treatment. I know that this disease can be beaten. My mother had cancer 12 years ago and is alive and cancer-free today.

I'm glad I found this message board. I was searching the Web for stories of hope. There is a lot of depressing information out there. I'm glad I found one of the bright spots. Thank you all for sharing your stories of hope. God Bless you all!!!

Dear Junior,

I am sorry to hear about your dad's recent diagnosis with lung cancer. I can totally relate. My mother (73yrs.) was diagnosed last month with Stage IV adenocarcioma. She is on Gemzar and Carboplatin. She has had bouts with nausea, depression, and lack of energy but her positive attitude has kept her strong thoughout it all.

I know that you will find comfort with this website because we are all going through similar situations. By sharing our stories and our knowledge it helps to make us stronger during these trying times. I pray that your dad will respond well to the treatment.

God bless,

May

Dear Junior,

I too am very sorry you have the need to join this wonderful group of people. However, you are in caring, supportive, understanding arms here!

I don't have much to add to what Tiny, May, and Terrie had to share with you, only that you will find much comfort here on the Lung Cancer Message Board.

We will do our best to walk the walk with you in hopes to make this journey a little softer for you and your dear dad.

Warm and Gentle Hugs,