Our battle is over

Budd

My husband Chris lost his battle on Apr. 17th. It was a year to the week that he was dx.

We were able to put him in a hospice hospital room for the last day. That way I could be his wife and not his caregiver. That was a wonderful thing for me.

He fought brave and hard and I will always remember his courage. More than I had at times.

That's why I have been off the board. I just couldn't deal with cancer anymore.

Debbie

Debbie,

Please accept my condolences for your wonderful husband, Chris. I read his profile and he certainly did have a long and hard fight! It sounds like he was a very brave man. I'm sure you miss him terribly, and just wanted you to know that I truly am sorry.

God bless you,

Peggy

Debbie,

I am so very sorry that your dear sweet Chris' battle is done. He truly fought with courage and grace. It is a blessing you were able to share his last moments together in a way that let you both express your love and bond together rather than worrying about being the caregiver.

Although I do not know what you are feeling, I can only imagine the pain you are feeling, for it is my greatest fear. I can understand your desire to distance yourself from this horrible monster for a while. You do whatever you need to do, and we will understand and support you. We are here if you need some love and support, and whenever you feel strong enough to come back. You have a family here who loves and cares about you. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

May God grant you the strength and comfort you need at this difficult time. May he bring you peace of mind, and allow you to feel the bond of love that will continue to exist between you and Chris.

((((DEBBIE)))))

Love,

Carleen

Debbie, I am so very sorry for your lost of Chris. He to have a very hard time with this cancer. Now it is over and he is back to full health and waiting for you someday to join him. May you find some peace in the coming months just knowing that you were there for him through that journey.