Tian Xian Liquid as a supplement to treatment of cancel

Guest mgee

Guest mgee

My name is Margaret Gee. My mom (71) was diagnosis with NSCLS last week. We're going to get an abdominal CT Scan this Monday to see if the cancer has spread, but her doctor is not hopeful. He very matter of factly told me my mom has about 1 year, which was devastating for us b/c my mom feels fine except for one cough that she had 4 weeks ago that contained about a teaspoon worth of blood.

My mom is in pretty good spirit and believe she can fight it. However, I'm a mess. I'm expecting in a few weeks and the thought that my mom won't be around to see my son grow up is heart-breaking. I'm trying to be strong for her, but it's so hard.

Since her diagnosis, I've found this site and it's given me hope that my mom can fight this disease and that statistics from the doctor is just that. I also went in search of what treatments are available and came across a site discussing an herbal supplement, Tian Xian Liquid, which can be use along side with chemo. This medication is very expensive ($890 per set) which I'm willing to pay. However, I'm not sure if it's a hoax. Could someone let me know if they have every heard of this herbal medication or tried it themselves? Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Margaret

When my mum was diagnosed, I was in the same position as you. I was in my 32nd week of pregnancy, and of course was utterly devastated. And of course, you wonder if your mother will be around to see your little one grow. The simple answer is that none of us knows how long we will be here. We have to live each and every day we are given, and be grateful for every minute that our loved ones are with us. I believe that a diagnosis like this is particularly difficult when you are pregnant, but just remember that your baby's arrival will be a wonderful experience for your mother as well, and she will draw strength from that.

As far as the prognosis from the doctors, don't pay too much attention to that. My mum is nine months post-diagnosis, and is as healthy as she was before the cancer was detected, that is, asymptomatic.

I have done a bit of reading about the liquid that you are asking about, but didn't really form any strong opinions either way. Like most therapies and treatments, I believe that certain things work for certain people and not others. Before you rush out and spend a whole bunch of money on anything, if you have the time, I would advise that you read through as many of the postings in this forum and the alternative and complementary therapies forum. There is a wealth of valuable information there.

Wishing you and your mother all the best. Try to enjoy the rest of your regnancy and the birth of your baby. I am sure your Mother will be much happier if she can see that you are looking forward to the arrival of your new baby, rather than spending all your time and energy worrying about her. I know that is one of the things that is very important to my Mum - that we all go on and take pleasure from the good things that happen in our lives (and I know that might seem impossible right now, but it does get easier).

If you want to talk to another 'new mum' about trying to muddle through this mess, please feel free to pm me.

Karen

I would considering getting another opinion. I don't understand how her doctor can put a time limit when the scans haven't been read yet and the doctor doesn't even know if/how it has spread.

Also, I am on traditional chinese medicine (my herbologist is also an M.D. specializing in cancer), but he never suggested Xian liquid. It could be because he only recommends things that have been provel to be effective in humans, and have a scientific paper/studies.

If you live in or near NYC I can forward you his info if you'd like.

• 3 weeks later...

Margaret

It sounds like you and your mother have a great attitude, so keep it up.

Here are some websites you might find helpful.

www.sirjasonwinters.com

www.fungiperfecti.com

My husband just completed 4 months of chemo and his last CT scan showed everything is shrinking and decresing in size. He's handling his treatments like a champ. We give credit to his diet, supplements, vitamins, herbs and of course positive attitude.

He drinks only distilled water, green & white tea.

Also the tea from Jason Winters website. You will find information on the herb you had questions about on that website.

A great book he wrote "Killing Cancer" is a great read. Another book is "Beating Cancer with Nutrition" By Patrick Quillin.

I hope this helps.

Best of luck and God bless you and your family.

Laura

I have heard of Tian Xian. However the much money seems expensive. If you are close to a China town, or have a chinese friend maybe you could get it cheaper

http://www.tienhsien.com/products.htm

A lot of ingredients in here can be found at GNC. Astragalus can be found there. Ganoderma Lucidum is reishi mushroom.

I would beware of this site. The fact that it has looking for distributors makes me think it is a rip-off. Notice the similar sites/product?

There are supposedly better quality of mushrooms, but there probably is no way to tell unless someone you trust actually is an expert

Dr Weil recommends Astragalus and mushrooms for cancer patients.

Cary posted an article that reishi may increase VEGF (a growth factor) that *might* aid the cancer growth.

Astragalus and Reishi are supposed to boost the immune system

I, like most of us, was also a complete disaster after my dad's dx. He was also given a year based on stats of people with the same type of cancer he has...but everyone is different..every treatment is different...and treatments are changing everyday. You have to stay on top of everything and stay positive, don't focus on the time or the stats...my dad is 15 months out and the tumor as of last week is stable with NO METS!! Don't give up!