The Condition of My Condition

Margaret

I saw my oncologist today to learn where I am now that I have completed three cycles of Gemcitabine. Some reduction in lung tumor and possible improvement in my liver...only negative was some additional spots in bone, but no accompanying pain, so that's okay for now and I'll be getting an additional infusion with my chemo to strengthen bone. I am very happy to be able to continue with this chemo as the side effects have been so minimal. I feel that all of this is greatly enhanced by the 400mg of Celebrex that I am taking. I feel good and I feel grateful...not to mention feeling blessed with more than 1000 fellow supporters.

Margaret

Sounds good from here, Margaret! Must be that Hollywood therapy that is helping you along....all that love and adoration from one so close to you.

Fingers crossed for even purtier pictures next time!

Becky

Margaret,

This is awesome news. I am so happy that the chemo is working for you and that you are feeling really good. Special prayers for you each and every day. You are such an eloquent lady and it was a pleasure getting to meet you. I look forward to getting together again real soon. God hears our prayers and answers us...

Blessings, affection and hugs,

Karen

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Margaret, glad to hear about the shrinkage. Prayers and positive vibes going out to you for nothing but good news.

Cat

Margaret,

Like to mention that you share a name with my most favorite person who ever lived... My great grandma. When ever I hear the name Margaret I just smile thinking of her.

Glad to hear about your shrinkage, hope everything keeps going so well!!!

Jamie

Jamie,

I was named after my birth grandmother. I found that out when I located my birth brother just before I turned 50. Being adopted at the age of 2, I always felt cheated out of those real baby year memories, so it made me feel connected to learn that I was granted her name.

Margaret

Margaret,

Thats a really great story... Mines a little more generic...

They thought I was gonna be a boy and were all set to name my Nicholas. When I came out a girl, they said to hell with it and let a nurse name me!!!!

My gram actully hated her name and had everyone call her Jennie. Even her death card said Jennie, and her name wasn't even legal!!!

I love it though!

Jamie

Margaret, I'm very happy for you that you have SHRINKAGE - YAY!!!

I'm a Margaret, too and was named after MY grandmother. I've always gone by the nickname Peggy (I know - How do they get Peggy out of Margaret? I HAVE NO IDEA). The only people that call me Margaret are bill collectors and old school teachers.

Congratulations again on the shrinkage - GOOD NEWS!

Love,

Peggy

Peggy,

My Grandma was a Peggy too. She would be Jennie, Peggy, Aunt Peg, or anything but margaret! I always wondered to how they got Peggy out of Margaret, but hey...somehow, my gram pulled Jennie out of Margaret!

Jamie

How do they get Peg out of Margaret? I don't get that one, here's how my family works (if you wonder where I get the goofy)...

My great aunt (grampa's little sister) is named Margaret. She's always been Marty - Aunt Marty. Her husband's name was Junior (!) - and he went by "June"...so, I had an Aunt Marty and Uncle June (which really, REALLY sounds like they married with different genders and were "switched"!)

Sadly, Uncle June died quiet a while ago. Aunt Marty is still around and as fiesty as ever...which is pretty darn good for an 80+ woman! Laugh 'til we cry at reunions...

My mother gave me my name because she liked it...and then proceeded to call me "Becky" - go figure!