Funeral Service of my dad

berisa

Just to inform all of you that my dad's funeral service will be held tomorrow night (our time) - May 13 starting at 8:00pm.

On May 14 morning around 10:00am, my dear dad will be put ( I dont' know the verb ) into the soil.

May dear God take care of him for me. I really want to dream of my dad or see him at anywhere at anytime. But I didnt after his gone. I just want God to let me KNOW and SEE how's my dad doing now. Is he all fine?? Did anyone of you dream about loved ones who left previously? Please share.

Berisa, I hope you have a beautiful service to celebrate your Dad's life. I am sure your Dad is most definitely OK and smiling down upon you, still caring for him after he has gone and is no longer in pain or sufferring.

I did have a dream a few weeks after my Grandpa died. We were very close and I was quite traumatised by his death. Grandpa used to always sit and talk with me, and often would hold my hands when doing so. I recall one evening a few weeks after he died, being very upset because I could not remember how it felt to have Grandpa hold my hands. That night I had a dream and was so happy when I woke up. In the dream I was at my Grandpa's house and I was sitting at the dining table and my grandma was outside hanging out washing. Then Grandpa suddenly appeared at the table. He then took my hands, looked into my eyes with his big beautiful eyes and said "Don't worry. Everything will be OK". And then he was gone, and I was left at the table alone. Grandma came back in and asked me who I was talking to and then I woke up. But I could completely remember how it felt to have him hold my hands, and to this day it has not left me. It was a very surreal experience and I am forever grateful for having had it. I often used to look forward to going to sleep after that in case I had another dream, but I never did.

Anyway, not sure if that tells you much, but that is what happened to me.

Berisa I wish you strength for the coming days, weeks and months. I am sending you a million hugs.

Jana

xxxx

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Berisa, I feel that your dad's spirit is at rest and is filled with joy.

I don't know if the following counts as a dream but I'll tell it.

The morning after my niece died, age 19, from a genetic heart defect, I woke around 4 a.m. Half asleep, I had the extreme impression that she was in the room with me. I also felt she was troubled. Somehow I had the notion to write a poem to my sister (her mom). When I got up to do so, I knew that the poem was meant for her - that the reason she was troubled was because she knew my sister wasn't able to bear her sudden death. So I wrote a poem telling her that we need to grieve even though we knew she would be at peace in heaven. After writing, the poem I felt she left the room. When I gave the poem to my sister, she was very comforted. She believed her daughter had come to visit me and was in heaven. I know - it sounds nuts, crazy, whatever.

The second weird story: I was sitting reading in my meditation room when I felt my grandfather was next to me. He died years ago from cancer. He was my most favorite person. He was very sad and I could not understand it (much less the idea that he was here in spirit). He left after a little while. The next day my sister called me at work to say my mom had been diagnosed with what the doctor felt was advanced lung cancer, possibly SCLC. Before they got the biopsy back, in one week, my mom died. Later I had a dream that she and her dad were in heaven together.

Also, after my grandfather died - I was 13 yo - I dreamt about him almost every night for a year. We were always happy in my dreams - always having fun.

Dear Berisa,

I have had two..

In my dream I had fallen asleep on my couch. My dad woke me up and helped me to my bed, he put his arms around me and said he was ok and he wanted to help me now...My sister had a dream right around the same time that he put his arms around her and said everthing was going to be ok...This all happened right before my brothers wedding..

In the other dream he was in an outside theater singing an old Italian song, and he was healthy..

Still waiting for more...

My Aunt died of SCLC last year. While my cousin was driving 30 minutes to my aunts house for the funeral, there was a song my cousin hadn't heard before on the radio. The artist sang ".......remember me" and the radio went dead. My cousin is sure that was a "sign" from her Mom telling her she was all right. My Aunt had told my cousin the night before she died, "remember me".

Sent chills. I think signs come in many different ways. Sometimes subtle. Sometimes not.

My lovely mother-in-law had a story after her mom died. Sitting on her couch on a quiet evening and feeling very sad. She was thinking about her mother who had passed, and was feeling so many low emotions. As she was thinking, she was just staring at an ashtray her mom had owned and suddenly it blew up. (Ok, maybe not huge explosion, but it broke into pieces right before her eyes.)

If there is some doubters out there, I understand, but I do believe.

Jane

I too had an experience. I really don't think it was a dream. Dreams are never that vivid nor do I remember them in such detail.

It was less than two months after Johnny died. I had just fallen asleep when I felt a hand on my hip and arms around me. Arms that could only be Johnny's. I jumped and looked over my shoulder and he was there leaning on one arm and looking down at me. I could see him so clearly and to this day I can still see how he looked that night. I could see his chest and his arms where they left the sleeves of his t shirt and I could see his hair and even the black hairs in his beard that had appeared so suddenly the day before he died. I heard him say "it's alright, I just want to snuggle you. For the rest of that night I felt like his arms were around me. I had slept very little after his death but that night I had the best sleep that I had had in months. I always sleep with his robe snuggled in my arms or against my back. The next morning when I woke his robe was on the far side of the bed nearly falling on the floor. There was just enough room between it and me for Johnny. Was it a dream? I will never believe that it was a dream. I know that he came to me to help me through a time that I was ready to give up and die.

All experiences are not as dramatic as mine but things happen every day that tells us they are still with us. Keep your eyes and heart opened and don't let reason get in the way. Somethings are just too special to be able to understand. God bless you and please know that you are in my prayers. Lillian

Please know that we are thinking of you at this time. I have you in my prayers.

I too, have had dreams with my mom in them. Over the years, most are as if she was still alive. Just reg dreams of everyday things. I guess since it has been 10 yrs these dreams are not the type where she is trying to tell me something. I wake up missing her tho. I have always felt like she has just left and I will see her again. It is kind of like someone lives very far away and you have not talked or seen them due to the distance. Sounds crazy but that is how I have dealt with her passing.

At least I see her in dreams and when the kids do certain things. I will say "your grandma.....'

Love Cindy

Oh, all of those experiences and dreams are wonderful..I hope I can have it......in fact, I am not a dreamer (which means I seldom dream at night), moreover, I am the person who seldom aware the surroundings and whats happening around. I think I have to put more focus on surroundings....otherwise, I may miss some signs of dad's presence... :)

I wish I could see him and meet him. Know he is just fine. I miss him. I hate cancer...I wish I could have a chance to back to 2 years ago. Then I could have a chance to keep him more healthy and strong.

I try to thank God that making my dad now is not suffering anymore after diagnosis. BUT, I just think, why God didn't delay the time of his diagnosis if Cancer must be on dad. Why can't make it a bit later if this is a matter of sooner or later? I want to choose LATER......to give him one to two more years healthy life in order to grant me more time with him. Why I say that because previously, I fully spent all time on study for 1 and a half year.

Berisa, Sorry for the late response - I haven't been here much lately. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beloved Dad. You were such an advocate for him! Your love for him shone through in your posts.

I have only rarely dreamed of my Dad, and they weren't very memorable, just little pieces of dreams that I remember. My Mom used to have a support group for widows & widowers and she said that many of them wished they could dream of their departed spouse. Who knows why some people dream of those who have passed on and some people don't? Know that, regardless, he is with you. My sympathies to you and your family.

Berisa,

I wanted to let you know how truly sorry I am for the loss of your dad. From each of your post it was evident how much you loved him and he loved you. Please know that he is with God and looking down on you right now with love for the wonderful daughter he knew you were.

My grandmother died a little over a year ago, and while I was in treatment, I was driving home one day and smelled my grandmom. It smelled like her old wool sweaters and made me feel like she was sitting next to me, watching over me. It was about 6 months after she had passed away and it was a wonderful feeling.

I am sure that your dad will come to you in his own way, in his own time.

I "smell" my grandmother sometimes also. Her house had a very distinctive smell when she did laundry and the other day I was walking through a part of the hotel I don't usually visit when THAT smell hit me so hard I almost had to sit down. I found out later that the laundry area vented close to where I was so it was a laundry smell but it was just like being at Grandma's on laundry day.

I also have "smelled" my other grandma once or twice (her combination of perfume and powder). I don't seem to have dreams of my parents but I do know they are always with me and I still talk to them when I need to. I am sure that your Dad is in a better place Berisa and he is smiling on you and the love you have for him.

God Bless, MO

Berisa,

May you have sweet wonderful dream tonight about your Dad. I have had several reoccurring dreams of a family gathering like a picnic, only nobody sees me. My Dad, Mom, Grandparents and several people I don't know are there. The weather is beautiful. The sky is the color of a blue sea, and the clouds are like big puffy marshmellows. There is a cool breeze blowing in my face and birds singing out songs of love to find a mate. I imagined this place to be what heaven looks like. I think when the people actually speak back to me in the dream, I will have died and gone to heaven. It gives me peace.

Cheryl

Berisa, I've had two dreams so far. I swear it was her way of communicating to me. In the first one she was so healthy and happy. She kept saying with a smiling, peaceful face that she's not here anymore. It's like she's trying to help me understand that she's okay but that I need to accept that she's gone. I couldn't touch her in this dream, so that was hard. The second dream, I actually was able to feel her and touch her and hug her. I kept asking her "where have you been?". She said she went on a "mini-vacation" and she said she had to go again but came by for a visit. Both times I woke up crying but they gave me tremendous peace. I keep hoping for another one, but haven't gotten it yet. Everyone that I talk to that has had these dreams say that there is a calmness displayed in the person that has died. In both of my dreams my mom seemed so peaceful and radiant. It's hard to explain, but it is such a blessing. You will have this same experience I'm sure. Write us when you get that dream, I can't wait to hear about it.