Chemo Done!

Don Wood

Lucie and I went to the onc this morning, and he said we were done with the chemo for now! We are both very happy about that, so Lucie can begin to feel like a normal person again. She had 5 treatments (the last two being very hard on her), and two last November. He wants her to have some x-rays in the next two weeks, so be sure there is nothing new. Then he is considering a maintenance program of Iressa (helps prevent new growth) and Zometa (helps prevent bone mets). Would appreciate hearing from any of you taking either or both of those and what your experience has been. We plan to celebrate this milestone in the rocky road of NSCLC. Thanks for all the support and caring we have been getting from you guys and gals. It is great. Don

Don,

CONGRATS!!!!!!

This is great news...I'm so happy for you guys.

My mom is on zometa now...and it is given with her chemotherapy.

I have read quite a bit about the drug and it seem to be pretty successful in preventing anymore mets to the bones..it also helps with bone pain!!

Iressa has better clinical evidence for second line treatment...so that sounds right to me that Lucie would be given these drugs as other options.

Congrats...

Laura

Thank goodness Lucie, TIME TO JUST SIT BACK AND SMELL THE ROSES!!!!!!; I'm soooooo happy for the both of ya :lol::lol::lol::lol:

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC- stage IIB - left pneumonectomy - 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Hi Don,

Great news that Lucie is finished with chemo. Bill started Iressa in April and I joined a mailing list for Iressa that is quite helpful:

IRESSA-NSCLC@LISTSERV.ACOR.ORG

There are alot of people on this (currently over 10,000) and many send helpful hints to this list. Bill has experienced the common side effects of diarhea and skin rash which are common for Iressa. We will find out June 6 if the Iressa has been helping him.

Best wishes to both of you,

Peg

Guest BETH

Don and Lucie,Great news. I am so happy for you both. I also have bone mets and have been given Zomata along with my chemo. It was given to me in an infusion. it took 15 min. and I have so much less bone pain .I have barley had to take any pain mets. I hope Lucie has similar results with Zometa. God Bless

Beth