Defeated again...

jamie

Hi Jonathan,

Yes indeed! Ive heard so many mixed stories about him. Some love him, more hate him, but it's never really about his surgical ability. Everyone mentions his additude and bedside manner. My Dad did say he seemed really doom and gloom. How did your mom's actual surgery go. I guess were really torn. I'll tell ya what though... Whether it is extreeme liking or utter distaste for this man... Everyone who has met him definitly has a strong opinion about him!!! Is he the only surgical oncologist there??

Jamie

OK guys, Im also gonna post this in the Test time board...

Quick update, my Dad's CT came back clean...so ahead with the biopsy tomorrow!!! :D .

Hopefully, it will come back clean too, and then after that we have a scheduled "breathing test?" .

Anyone know what kind of test this is?? Im not sure of the actual name, the surgeon didnt really want to get into it until (and IF) everything came back clean

Hope we get the results from the biopsy soon, because if it is clean then surgery is a GO!

Wish us luck

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

The breathing tests are called Pulmonary functions Tests. They are used to test lung capacity, and breathing ability to make sure you can function after surgery without one lung. Essentially you breath thru something that is hooked up to a machine that records measurements. The Respiratory Therapist that tests your Dad will ask him to do certain breathing manuvers (Take a big breath in, blow out hard and fast to empty your lungs, etc). No pain involved!

Hope all goes well,

Faylene

Faylene,

Thanks so much for the info. Noone really knew what I was talking about, probably cause I didnt know what it was called. Chloesmom mentioned the test you did too, and she went to the same surgeon as were looking into, so im guessing that it is the right one. Thanks again for the info...I knew someone would have it for me here!!!

Thanks for the good wishes, Ill be posting an update later today to let everyone know how the biopsy went. Wish I could get results today too, but guess thats not gonna happen. Oh well, Ill have to play the waiting game like everyone else!

Thanks Again,

Jamie

I posted this in the good news section too, and PM'd about 9 people...but I just feel like telling the world...

My Dads biopsy came back clean today!!!!! :D

Surgery is gonna be scheduled when he meets with his surgeon on the 9th!!!

Thanks to everyone for all the replies...I really appreciate all of this. Its been a hard week

Jamie