any kids want to talk- family members with lung cancer

Hi, I finally got my own sign on and a picture. You can now send me messages on the PM if you want to. Lea how is your dad doing today? Did you watch the Preakness? There is a horse "Smarty Jones" that has won two major races (the Kentuckey Derby and the Preakness) He only has to win one more race (the Belmont) and he will be the triple crown winner! I ride horses too. Ive been riding since I was 5. I hope that we can talk some more later. :P

I hope more kids will join so we all can talk!!!

-Caitlin

No I didnt watch the Preakness beacause I was at ice skating. But my Dad was there on the infield but I dont think he stayed for the race beacause he couldn't stay in the sun that long! But that is great about smartyjones!

Hi to Leandra, Caitlin, Alex and all the other "kids" out there.

I am one of the "kids at heart" with 2 kids of my own. It is great that you young ones are getting a chance to talk and I would certainly vote to have an area for you ... you wouldn't mind the occasional (sp?) post from one of us older kids would you?

Just so you know ... it doesn't matter how old I get, I still feel that I am my Daddy's daughter. How wonderful that you are all there for your parents through this time.

Love and prayers to all you and your families.

and I'm posting under my moms id. I'm 9 and I'm in 3rd grade. My grandpa has stage 3b Lung Cancer. We found out in September. 2003. I was not sure what this meant. My mom explained it to me. He had chemo. The chemo did not not make him too sick, but he lost his hair (not all of it though). The tumor shrunk from 11 cm to a little over 3 cm. Now he is having radiation to try to shrink it some more and stop it from growing. After this my grandpa might see if he can have an operation. Did any of your fathers or grandfathers have an operation? It sounds scary.

Alex - do you play any sports? I play baseball, but I like to watch and follow football. My dad and me love the NY Giants. Do you have any pets? I have a fish named Rusty. I want to have a dog, but my mom is scared and says it is a lot of work.

:) Ryan (happy because my mom found a place where I can talk about my grandpa and stuff)

Caitlin and Lea and all the other kids out there:

I think it's great you guys are participating and talking about this. Having a Dad or Mom with lung cancer has got to be hard.

Caitlin - our daughter, Faith, is just 2.5 years old, but she is adopted from China. Your Mom told me once on a message that she had an adopted child but I forgot about it in the middle of all my husband's treatment and everything. I think adoption is the best thing in the whole world. We spent two weeks in China adopting Faith and it was the best two weeks of our lives!

Faith's Daddy, David C, had lung cancer but now he is in remission. (I'm using his log in, I never bothered getting my own.) Thank goodness she is too young to know what was going on! But if she were older I know she would want to be friends with all you kids on this board.

We used to have a photo of her when we logged on but Dave changed it to his "drag" costume that someone on this board dared him to do. I'll ask him to change it back to a photo of Faith so you can see her. I think she's the prettiest little girl in the whole world!

All you kids sounds very special and very supportive of your parents. Someone once told me that God only gives you as much as you can handle, and it sounds true for you kids.

You take care!

Karen C.

Ryan- I do play sports. I play indoor and outdoor soccer. and I ride horses.

I have a dog named Cody. Yes dogs are a lot of work. But if you do get a dog , if you dont like a dog that sheds dont get a long haired dog (like my dog does, but we got him cut). But all that hard work can pay off too.

Karen C: My brother and me are both adopted from South Korea. He is older than I am. We also have a sister that is not adopted. My brother says we have two Koreans and one homemade. :P

Yesterday I got 16 inches cut off my hair. We are sending it to Locks of Love.

-Caitlin

Caitlin - very cute, homemade!

I am thinking about doing locks for love, too. I'm 45 years old but my hair is pretty long, in pretty good shape, and not much grey :lol: Have you heard of St. Baldricks? That's where people get their head shaved to take pledges for money that goes towards children's cancer research. My husband did it this past March - his hair had just started to grow back from the cancer treatment. So I thought that next March when he does it again I'll get my hair cut for locks for love.

You sound like great kids.

Lea - where are you? You sound like quite a young lady, too. All of you kids. I hope everyone has a fun weekend!

Karen C.

Karen C.~ I'm here... sorry i am not been on for a little while! I have been really caught up in ice skating...but I'm here now and I am not as busy since I just passed 2 more ice skating tests and I had to practice a lot for them! The tests were for ice dance so now I am on pre-silver level! :)

Caitlin~ How's your Dad doing....any new news? That is very nice that you cut your hair for locks of love! :)

Alex~ Try to reply soon! We miss you!

Britteny- Hi this is Caitlin. Im 12 years old. I live on a lake in Michigan. I have one dog named cody. Living on a farm sounds really neat. My dad has lung cancer too. I have an older brother and a younger sister. I hope that your granpa does well later we can talk with the other kids on a the forum hopefully.

-Caitlin