Scans, Tuesday May 18

DaveGr

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dave,I hope all scans are clean and everything goes well for you.

P.S.Having to wear oxygen has added 5to 7 strokes to 9hole golf score.I wear it around my waist (not too too bad) but the the hose is very distracting no matter how I route it.Will appreciate any tips.

Frank:

So far I haven't had to use O2. If I walked the course, which has its hills, they would have to have O2 on at least 8 of the holes because of hills I would have to climb to play the holes.

I have often wondered if I could work something out, if and when the time comes. All my golf buddies have said they will figure something out if that was to happen.

I am just getting back to my pre-chemo form and am starting to hit the ball further. Last summer, while on chemo, my best drive was 50 yards, and the record number holes played in one round was 6. I played in a bunch of scrambles. I would let the others hit first, if one their shots were good, I wouldn't have to hit. I was the always the group designated putter. They would let me drive on the par 3's and take my 2 drives I needed, on the short holes.

This season has been much better. I have played at least 25 18 hole rounds since April. My scores are now getting better then ever and I swear there will be no treatments this year.

Dave,

Prayers that all goes well with your scans, and that you have penty of clear skies ahead- and I mean that metaphorically. Knowing you the golf nut you think I meant that literally....o.k., I'll mention the good weather in my prayers for your golf game too.! Ha! :lol:

Cheryl

Will keep you in my thoughts on Tuesday...wishing you the best of luck with the scans. YOu are lucky that you will get the results that afternoon. The waiting is the worst part. Haven't picked up my golf game again yet, but intend to go try to hit some balls next week...maybe I can get off the tee. :lol:

Nina

Dave,

Good luck, good luck, good luck on Tuesday. May you have a peaceful, uninterruped summer full of golf. 25 rounds already is pretty darn good, if you ask me.

I too am able to get back to playing this year--I had to quit in May last year and between diagnosis, surgery, recovery and chemo, that was pretty much my summer except for a small break in August when I took a short, annual trip to Coachmen's in Edgerton, Wisconson with a group of 24 for a couple of days.

Don't know why, but I'm having a better year already in some respects--got my first eagle the other day--driver and pitching wedge on a par 4..very exciting!

Dave,

Praying for clean scans. Sounds like your golf game is getting better and better. I used to work for Taylor-Dunn, the golf car mfg. here in California. I was on a 2 man team. You don't even want to know my scores. It was fun though...

Blessings and prayers,

Karen

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Dave, I'm sending up prayers for you.

Take care,

Cat (who can't even play miniature golf very well)