re- Shelly; FOOTPRINTS

bobmc

Dear Shelly, After reading you post , I'm reminded of " Footprints", hope this helps..

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and sadest times of his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it. " Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I noticed that during the most troublesome times in life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me".

The LORD replied, " My precious, precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC - stage IIB - left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today !"

Thank you for that.

I am re-reading it again and again.

I am trying to remember it as well as believe it and have faith it it. I am so very scared and with each minute her status changes. She has bad mornings, good afternoons, then exhaustion by evening to where she is in be by 6 pm

I would give my own life for her to get better.

again I thank you for your concern and caring