met. breast cancer to the lung

Even though I was not initially diagnosed with LC I have received chemo for lung cancer-Navelbine with combination of Herceptin. I would like to talk with someone who's been in this situation or anyone else who wants to talk to me about LC. I'm very scared, I had breast cancer 10 years ago it returned last July'03. My doctor is optimistic about the future, but to be honest I'm afraid. I do not know anyone who's been through this. Thank you for your time.

Adriana,

Hang tight. This is an awesome amazing place to come for support. There are others on this website who have dealt with breast cancer and then lung. I am sure respones will be coming your way shortly.

Adriana,

I have had both breast and lung cancer, although it is not quite the same situation as yours. My breast ca was a stage 1 in 2001 and in 2003 I had a second primary tumor on my lung, not mets from the breast.

But, I did have surgery both times, and received radiation for the breast cancer and still take tamoxifen. The lung ca was diagnosed from a happenstance chest x-ray that my breast surgeon wanted me to stop in and have--that led to a CT and lung surgery. After the lung surgery I had chemo as an adjuvant measure.

I know our situations are kind of different, but in a lot of ways they are the same. Our goal is to keep this all from coming back.

I'm happy that your oncologist is optimistic about your future--maybe you should be too! If you would like to PM me, that's fine--I'm always around........

A lot of the same drugs are used for breast cancer and lung. Though strictly speaking the Drs treat primary breast different than primary lung.

Is your cancer estrogen dependent?

Generally I think breast cancer is a little more treatable than primary lung and it is good your onc is optimistic.

I read that a large percentage of patients respond to navelbine/herceptin.

God Bless.

John

I am one of those breast/lung gals. 2 primary breasts, and one primary lung. When they went in for the lung nodule, they had to remove it and biopsy it before dx.

I am having computer issues as we speak, so a short response today

gail

Guest Phyllis

Hi, I was on the drug Xeloda which is used to treat breast cancer. It worked well for me and you might ask your doctor about it. Pill form with few side effects. Also, my neighbor had breast cancer and lymphona (sp) at the same time. It was rough going including a stem cell transplant but she is in remission now. Good luck.