DBerry How are you????

JonathanS

Me too. I've been thinking about you and praying for you Dan.

I hope you are taking this time off to enjoy some nice (although rainy) weather, and relaxing and nothing but good things.

Please drop us a line and let us know how you are doing.

Remember, I am within a reasonable drive from you, so if you need anything I am here for you. Even if all you need is some company.

God BLess you

Carleen

Hi friends and LC family. Thank you for your concern.

My SCLC progresses slowly for now, and my treatment will doubtlessly improve things. Just ended a week of chemo and first five cranial zaps. Between the chemo side effects and the cooked brain, I have been moving slow and unsure. They said no driving, so I get a ride from the clinic, but I am a little concerned about muscle weakness in my left hand. I’m not a happy camper but hanging in there. Yesterday I did my laundry and changed a ceiling light bulb so I am semi functional.

I have a break from chemo for two weeks, so all should improve if my left hand is O.K.

Regards,

Dan

Dan,

Laundry and changing a light bulb...sometimes little things mean a lot. When I was really fatigued from chemo, any project (brushing my teeth) could be overwhelming. I hope your strength improves with this break and I'll be keeping you in prayer. It's sometimes hard when you live alone, especially if you have been limited in driving. I'm sure improvement is right around the corner.

Margaret

Hi Dan,

It's good to hear from you. According to your profile, you are alone. Maybe you should take Carleen up on her offer and at least make a phone contact with her. It would be good to have someone looking in on you, don't you think?

I can't reach my light bulbs without a chair or a ladder - how about you come over and change one of mine tomorrow? :wink::D:lol:

God bless you,

Peggy

Nice to hear from you Dan, you are often in my thoughts and prayers too.

You should have seen me trying to change a light bulb in our porch lantern the other day, (in the dark)! Actually I should say, you should have "heard" me as the air became quite blue! What a frustrating job it is. Dave of course never had any trouble doing it being 6ft 5" but I need a ladder to stand on. That took some hauling too! Anyway I did it and was quite proud of myself.

Keep in touch,

Paddy

Hi Dan,

So good to see you post. So sorry to hear your treatments have been hard on you. I'm with Peggy in maybe you should take Carlene up on her offer?! Do you feel like we are pushing our Carlene on you? :roll:

I sure hope this break in the action will allow you to build up strength again and hopefully you will be running on high speed for your next treatments. Sorry to hear your hand it's working well for you. If it isn't one thing, it's another!!! :?

God bless and I hope your doing better real soon!

Take care my friend, your in my prayers.

Dan

Sorry to hear of the brain mets--that's new isn't it? It is good to see you post. Pls let me know if there is anything I can do to help. About the only thing I guess I can do is call you from time to time. But do want you to know I care how you are doing.

Elaine

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Dan, changing an overhead light bulb is much more than I can do. I blame the fact that I'm very short. Of course, if THAT excuse doesn't work, I can come up with another one.

You strike me as a very intelligent person. Intelligence is a quality I admire a great deal. I hope you have something to keep your mind engaged.

You take care, okay? If you ever feel like talking, I'm just a PM away.

That also goes for anyone on board.

Cat

Good to hear from you Dan. Sorry that you are fighting fatigue but that was one of the side effects of radiation that I also fought. Good thing is, it goes away pretty quickly after treatment is over.

Hope your hand is better soon.

Prayers of healing and strength headed your way.

God Bless,

MO

Dan, I just logged on specifically to see how you were doing, since I haven't been on the message board as much as usual, and for some reason you just were on my mind! I'm glad to see an update from you. I hope your left hand muscles improve, now that you have a little rest from treatment. Still thinking of you and praying,

BeckyCW