Prayer request and a couple of questions

Hi gang! I haven't posted much about my Dad lately. He's been doing great with the chemo and had shrinkage after the first two rounds of carbo/taxol. Well, we had a CT scan and a bone scan on Tuesday. We will get the results Tuesday of next week. I am worrying because my Dad has some new aches and pains. He is having pain in his back. Not severe, but it is just there. Yesterday he told me that his legs felt sooooooo weak. He said that he felt like he had run 100 miles. He said that they just feel like jello. He can walk from the house to his truck outside...........any farther than that, he says it feels like his legs are just going to collapse. I asked him if he had any numbness...........he has numbness in his toes on both feet. Would these symptoms be considered neuropathy? If it is indeed, would we have to stop his chemo treatments? (I will call the dr. with these questions, of course, just wanted to hear from those of you who have experienced this.) I hope that we don't have to stop his chemo......it has been WORKING!! I just absolutely hate scan time. I have been handling things pretty well, then BOOM, get a scan or two and I fall apart. Please say a prayer for my Dad that all is stable and that we can continue chemo!! Love and prayers to you all!!

Angie,

Do not worry so much. These symptoms are quite common with the chemo. The chemo in the muscles I think causes a lot of the aches. I felt a lot like your dad. The neuropathy is common. I got neuropathy from my diabetes, but it got worse with chemo. Yes definitely talk to the Dr. about the symptoms. I hope I help put your mind at ease.

John

gosh are we living twin lives....

i know we wrote yesturday about my dad and now your dad has the same things.

My dad, since Sunday has had the back pain. Its around the area where they put the chest tube in. He says it has gotten worse after they did that last chemo on him a while ago.

He says he is very tired, but not sleepy, just physicially tired.

I, of course, PANIC, there is no other platform for me except, great or PANIC mode.

My dad has a PET on Tuesday to see where and how extensive things have gotten.

I will definitely say prayers that your dads scans come back clean. I know the fear is overwhelming, so maybe we can hold on together.

Carbo/Taxol could be the reason for the aches and pains, I had pain from those in my legs and back and my toes went numb, and still are almost 2 years later, nuerontin helps with the numbness. Good luck to you and your Dad Angie. David A

Sounds like your Dad has pretty common side effects. I have them also but have been lucky the numbness has been minimal. I have a hard time walking any distance and have found all kinds of shorcuts through the hotel, lol. I even use the lil motorized grocery carts now if it gets to bad. Used one to go to the St Louis Zoo with my grandson and it was wonderful!

Prayers of healing being sent your way!

God Bless,

MO

Angie,

My mom had similar side effects with chemo. It scared the begevas out of me. When she was on chemo, she knelt on the floor at home to get a container out and she was on her knees and she could not get up :shock: She was too weak. I can laugh about it now knowing it was normal, but lets just say I didn't find it amusing then ;)

Angie,

I am exactly like you. I totally fall apart when my dad goes in for scans.

It sounds like your dad had good results with the first 2 rounds of carbo/taxol. That is wonderful and I hope the good news continues for him. I pray his disease is stable. Best of luck to you and your dad.

Diane

Guest Phyllis

Hi, I am doing carbo/taxol also. This is my fourth round. I did great on the first and second round. I started to feel more tired on the third round and achey. I had the bone pains that feel like arthritis on both the first and second round but they only lasted a coulple of days and the neuropathy came and went. I still have been able to do pretty much everything but sometimes it is an effort and I am pretty strong. I am at the end of my fourth round now and today just feel like I have arthritis everywhere. Can't wait to get home to my couch and heating pad. It is kind of freaking me out since I think the cancer is growing again but I overall feel better. I think this chemo just builds up in your system and no matter how healthy you are there will be days when you feel like c___. My friend said she couldn't lift her head off of the pillow with carbo/taxol but it shrank her tumors. Hope your dad feels better.