Invited NJ Health & welfare committee to view boards

bobmc

Don't know if I should've done this, but these people got me real pieved :x:x ;

I read an article in the local paper of how the Republican members of the New Jersey Health and Welfare committee have blocked a proposal to ban smoking in restaurants and bars which is very similar to what NYC has implemented. They talked about the rights of bar and restaurant owners!!!

I sent everyone of the schmucks a note letting em know whats it's like to be diagnosed with lung cancer. :evil::evil::evil: ; I also invited them to view the boards, so if ya see any notes from politicians, give it to em!!

Yes, no one deserves lung cancer, and everyone deserves clean air and if your gonna talk the talk then you should walk the walk.

excuse me, it's election time and my voice will be heard !!! :x:x

God bless and be well

Bobmc - NSCLC-stage IIB - left pneumonectomy- 5/2/01

" absolutely insist on enjoying life today!"

Way to go Bob!!!

Up here in Victoria, smoking is banned in all resaurants, bars and gov't

and public buildings. People huddle in specially vented rooms or outside entrance ways to suck on cigs. That's the way, uh huh, uh huh, I like it...

David P.

Good JOB!!!!!!!!!! My husband and I have a very favorite restaurant in NY (we live practically right on the border in MA) and since his diagnosis we have been unable (and unwilling) to go there. Though the food is great the smoke really bothers Hugh now. Another pet peeve? WHY do the grocery stores, etc put the smoking areas right by the entrance? Every time we go grocery shopping we have to walk through the employees second hand smoke. Come to think of it, I think I will say something to the manager this week!

Good for you Bob... I know this subject is so controversial but I think smoking should be banned in all public places!!!! and 10 feet from all entrances..Nothing aggravates me more when I have to inhale some strangers 2nd hand smoke..I am an ex smoker for almost 5 years, they say we're the worst for complaining but I dont care..Its not easy to quit..Maybe I should try to be a little more aggressive and say what I feel like you Bob..I am going to work on it....cathy

Yessssss! I just can't take the second-hand smoke anymore, even though I have never been a smoker. I used to be able to tolerate it better, but now I immediately start a little cought and clearing my throat constantly. So when we walk into a really smokey place these days, we just turn right around and go find something with cleaner air.