Calling all Michiganders (and wannabes)! It's party time!

Ry

Ok, we have a party date, July 24th!

Unless it turns out it is incredibly bad for lots of you, then we can switch to the following weekend.

So check your calendars, mark it down, send me your address so I can mail you directions, and lets get together for some fun. Hopefully we'll dry out by then, our house is about to float away or fly away between the rain and the tornado warnings. It will be great to meet you all.

Rochelle & John & David A

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've invited Michiganders and Wannabes. What about "havebeens?" Or are you assuming that havebeens left for a reason and don't wish to return? I think your party sounds wonderful. Hope you get a big turnout. (No, I couldn't make it in July even if you had invited havebeens. I did like living in the Kalamazoo area for 9 years, tho.)

Muriel

Oh Ry, I am soooooo saaaaaad. I looooove to paaaaarty. And there is

just no way I can make it. Why don't you live in New Jersey.

I can't believe I am missing a party. I hope you all have a wonderful time. We want a blow by blow account, ALL of the gossip and plenty of pictures.

Are you sure you're not moving the NJ?

Ginny

Ry,

Wish I could come. I know where your coming from about the weather though, Im in Chicago, and we've been hit by the same storms, just sooner than you guys I think. Today has been another rainy one here....hope it drys up for your party!

Jamie

Gina & I will be there (of course Ry is only 5 miles from us),

Dont even THINK about the TP action,

my house is going on the market next week... I don't need any TP to chase away potential buyers

BTW- if it sells we will be homeless until the new place is finished :)

Joe,

Living by the city I'm SURE you can grab some of those boxes from appliance stores... Hubby and I are looking into a nice refrigerator box ("Sold" sign on our yard and 3-6 inches of water on the land we want to build on) and possibly a box from a dryer for a formal dining room... :wink:

Hope yours overlaps better!

Becky

Hey Becky,

You sold your house, that is just great.

I want to downsize so badly, this huge house and grounds is just too much for little ole me. But the Duke does NOT want to move. Oh well.

When are you moving? Tell us about the new house? Is it your dream house? Does it have an indoor pool? Home spa? Live in cook and maid?

Ginny

Ginny,

90% sold, not "sold" until the check clears the bank - closing is June 15.

Dream home? Not exactly, but a HUGE building block...have some plans to get it that way. Closest part of the dream is that the ex-wife will have NEVER been in the house (she took her son's key and came in this house while no one was home prior to my marrying this guy...went through his refrigerator, even - and that's just the tip of the iceberg!). Now, the kids don't have keys to our house unless they LIVE here..

Ahhh, tranquility - 30 miles from the ex should be far enough to stop the dropping by and THAT'S gonna be Heaven!

Right now, house is on a lake! Wish it would drain...fast. Builder and contractor will be looking it over on Tuesday and we're supposed to get MORE RAIN (can you BELIEVE IT?) between now and then... :roll:

We'll get there...some day...hopefully by the time my son has to start school! I dunno if the bus will stop at our box or not... :wink:

Well, Joe - I COULD get two boxes and make a duplex...

Becky