Nice ain't cuttin' it.

-Cheryl-

We will not tolerate threatening emails from any member to another via this site.

Please do not ask me questions on this...

If it you you doing this, you know who you are.

We are a support community and want to keep the family atmosphere. I understand there will be disagreements and etc, however, everyone cannot share the same views on everthing. When you get mad or disagree, use the energy to do something positive. Use the energy to make that needed phone call that you havent felt like making, finish that project that you have not had the energy to do. In this example, find a way to get this site into the CURE magazine or etc.

We care about each and everyone here and dont want members leaving due to disagreements and hate mail and etc. We love you all and want to ensure that when someone posts their concerns or dislikes, they are not pounded on and made to feel be-littled.

Arguments are not a good venue for posting either. Remember, there are many people each month looking for help and support, and quite honestly after reading this string, I would be scared to post anything on the site in fear of an attack.

I am not singling anyone out on this or wanting to take this any further, just wanting to soften things up and lets all get by this..

Thanks

Rickey

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, let me tell you something.

My second visit to the oncologists office (the first visit I collapsed from punctured lower gi and was trotted promptly off to the hospital) I picked up a copy of Cure magazine.

I read it from cover to cover. Twice.

I read about hope and attitude. Not about types of cancer.

Doctors know about types of treatments. They can control that stuff.

I can agree or disagree or vote with my feet.

But I can CONTROL MY ATTITUDE.

That's what CURE magazine said to me.

It put my head in a good place for healing and working with my team.

I can scan medical journals for you all and find the state of the molecular art, the state of the inhibitor design stemming from this, the state of the animal model to see if it works, whether they're betting money on it ( clinical trial 1,2,3) But I CANNOT CONTROL HOW FAST IT GOES.

I worked in medical research. In cancer research. In immunology research. Sometimes its good design.sometimes its serendipity.

But the people working on this know their stuff, and work darned hard.

I suspect the speech you got was a canned speech by a professor of a school of medicine somewhere which was his standard "to the public" speech about lung cancer. So he began at the beginning. And overspoke the obvious. I truly doubt he has come across a better educated more assertive bunch of wisdom seekers than our representatives there.

He probably told most people things they didn't know.

Unfortunately he didn't address what you wanted to hear about.

That happens a lot at conferences. Somebody gives a standard talk, and all the new and risky research is whispered about over dinner with people they already know.

Just ask yourselfcarefully the next time you go to one of these, is it for the GENERAL PUBLIC? and make a note on your reminder pad, YOU are not GENERAL public. YOU are very well educated laypeople about this specific topic. If you want to know, find out the WHO's who are doing the research, and keep track of their publications, and what they might mean to you.

I intend no disrespect to either side, as I am fond of all sides of this, except dr santorini? who I don't know. He made an error in judgement, perhaps.

Can we get back to ATTITUDE now? please?

That's what has done more good, with prayer, than any single lecture.

Good attitude, support, friends, and shared experiences.

Remember,we are all of us but a statistic of 1 or 0.

And miracles do happen that aren't supposed to happen, that shouldn't happen.... like me.

Just mynickels worth.

XOXOX

MaryAnn