Cudda been better

kimblanchard

:( First of all, thank you to each and every one of you who wished me luck, said a prayer, crossed your fingers and toes. But it didn't turn out as we had hoped.....could have been worse. The CT scan showed growth/progression and a few small new spots showed up on the lung sac. The good news (I will find some some where). the growth rate is still pretty slow, no fluid build up in the lungs and other than the NSCLC I am in perfect health and feel good. I will probably be a bit down for a few days...but as long as I'm able to fish there is still hope. :lol:

Thanks again to you all

jim

Jim,

Watch out for them beer trucks!

News isn't what we were hoping, but I'll bet the fish are biting... Some things are just far more important.... Simple things, rod, reel, cup o' worms and some grandkids...or not.

Enjoy the worm drowning, awaiting the sunshine to perk you back up (hope you don't live in the dreary midwest right now...argh!).

Take care,

Becky

Jim,

Yes, it cudda been better news. I've heard that news several times and it always hits me hard...BUT slow growth is better because it means there is time to take a new treatment approach. I usually end up in tears at the time of the news, but I have always ended up thinking and saying: it cudda been worse. I'm hoping we'll be hearing the better news in the near future and, in the meantime, I know you'll enjoy your fishing and especially with your shadow.

Margaret

Jim,

I will echo: Enjoy the fishing, the grandson, the sunshine....

Slow growth is good. One day at a time.

Wish I could play hookey and take my daughter and go fishing....

probably ought to anyway. Life is too short not to.

Prayers for something powerful good right around the corner.

XOXOX

MaryAnn

Jim,

I'm sorry that the news is not what we had hoped for you. But that doesn't mean that there aren't other options for you, or that hope is gone. I have a friend who is a lung cancer survivor of over 4 years. I frankly cannot remember how many different chemotherapies that failed her before they found the one that put her in remission-where she remains. I remember there were at least 4 changes of treatment involving at least 7 drugs. I hold on to her miracle with both hands and my whole heart.

Hoping that today the fish are biting...

Jim,

That is good the growth is slow. It is possible that you have a carcinoid. These are slow growing tumors that don't respond well to chemo. Typically fast growing types like SCLC respond better to chemo.

They can check for a carcinoid by a Octreotide scan or checking for neuroendocrine features. I'm not a Dr, but I would ask the Dr or get a 2nd opinion on the path report

There is good news in there.

Take care.

John