Biopsy

brm1949

Had lung wedge resection on May 11. Here's gross description:

Specimen consists of a fragment of lung measuring 5.5 x 2.5 x2 cm with the margin of resection closed by metal staples. The free margin has already been cut into and shows a yellowish slightly firm area measuring 1.1 x 0.5 cm. The remainder of the lung parenchyma is pinkish and appears normal.

This time it came back negative which I have to say is good news, but I still have an unknown primary somewhere. I know I should be glad but actually I feel like I'm in limbo and still waiting for the hammer to fall. If this was the primary, maybe they would have gotten it all and I would have felt some relief, but now I feel dread of what's to come. Until they find a primary for the lymph nodes that came back positive in my lower neck I feel like a dead man walking. I hate this disease. Please forgive me for venting. This thing works my mind and normally I can beat it back, I'm just so frustrated.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

This has got to be awfully hard - waiting to find the primary. Please know that I am praying for you and sending positive energy out to you. May you feel peace in your spirit and may the Divine bless you with improved health.

Cat

Guess I am a little confused. Couldn't the lymph nodes be related to your first primary tonsil SCC? I don't know what the biopsy meant either? Was it all normal lung tissue? I am sorry you are so worried, and I am usually confused anyway, so I will pray that you find the answers.

Elaine