Some Things I Know to be True.

DeanCarl

Like most folks I've found, as I grow older, that I "know" less and less. But there are some things I've learned and have, over time, proved themselves to be true.

1. Life is ment to be lived one moment at a time. This is the cornerstone of my life. It has worked for me for a number of years now and is the main reason I'm able to live my life well today.

2. Attitude is a choice. That's right ... a CHOICE. Not something that just happens to me. It is my right and, therefore, my resoponsibility to choose my attitude wisely.

3. All living things die. Dogs, trees, cats, people. All live and all die. Rocks don't die, but I, for one don't want to be a rock.

4. Given number 3, then what becomes important is this: It's not how many hours I live, but how I live each hour. A self seeking, self centered life of a thousand years is not worth a tenth as much as one minute spent in the service of others.

5. I have done nothing good in my life that didn't involve the loving help of at LEAST one other person, and usually a lot more. Everything I've tried to do "by myself" has failed miserably.

6. (and final for now): In any support group the most important individual is the person who just walked through the door for the first time. Any support group I've seen or been involved with that has forgoten this no longer exists.

Just some random thoughts for a Friday night.

Dean

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Dean, can I borrow some of your wisdom for a few hours?

I'm not afraid of death. I realize it's only a passing from one state to another. First Law of Thermodynamics: "Energy is neither created nor destroyed." But right now I'm being drained by all this rigamarole I'm going through. I wish God could come down to earth and sit beside me for a while - maybe hold my hand.

Thanks for your insight.

Cat

That was great, Dean. Thanks for posting it. This one was my favorite:

In any support group the most important individual is the person who just walked through the door for the first time. Any support group I've seen or been involved with that has forgoten this no longer exists.

I remember how I felt the first day I walked through the open door on this web site. What a blessing it has been.

Love,

Peggy

Such wisdom! I hope you'll often share these "random thoughts" with us Dean, because they are wonderful, thought provoking and wise!

Thank you.

And Bean....God is there....maybe not beside you holding your hand, but maybe He's holding you in His hands right now. Breathe, dear....you're not alone.

Dean,

I think your posts are a road map for life. I am beginning to enjoy life by the moment and it makes it much more worth living. I enjoy my little dog sitting in my lap, talking to my grandchildren on the phone, looking across the room and seeing my wonderful husband there being with me.

He planted some beautiful flowers around the pool and each day we go out and look at them in wonder. Nature is beautiful and we are part of it all. We all get down and start to feel sorry for ourselves at different times. But when I do I think of all of you and know that I am not in this thing by myself...you and the One who made us are with me.

I am grateful for my time more than I ever was. I find I am content with my situation and most of the time at peace. Thanks Dean for putting it so beautifully for all of us.

Nina