Surgery Tomorrow

Nancy B

Hi All,

I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow at 8 am. I am really getting nervous - more so this time, I guess because I know what is in store for me. I won't know til I wake up whether I still have some lung left. The surgeon has scheduled 6 hours for the surgery. I am sooooo scared! but I just want to get this over with and move on.

I really appreciate all of the encouragement from all of you. My laptop is going with me (after I get out of ICU) and I will try to get back on here as soon as I can. I really need you guys.

Hugs and prayers to everyone.

Nancy

I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow at 8 am. I am really getting nervous - more so this time, I guess because I know what is in store for me. I won't know til I wake up whether I still have some lung left. The surgeon has scheduled 6 hours for the surgery. I am sooooo scared! but I just want to get this over with and move on.

Piece o' cake, Nancy! You've been through it before and you KNOW that eventually the pain dissipates and life goes back to "normal"....you ALSO know that this time you can milk it and have the pool boy fetching drinks right and left so you don't have to move from the TV and the wisdom of Dr. Phil... :wink:

Relax, breathe...and let the kids have ice cream for breakfast. I remember the day of my surgery (I had to be at the hospital at 9:30) my son asking me if he could have ice cream for breakfast...well, of COURSE he could, why not? With all that was going on, no one would remember I let him do that and was a "bad mom"! :roll:

I would be nervous, too....try to meditate and focus on something else (easier said than done). Everything is going to be fine, the pros will be in charge, the family will be wracking nerves and YOU'LL be sleeping like a baby....AHHHHHhhhhhh....

Positive vibes heading for you!

Becky

My nurse is trying to get it set up for me to go get a chest x-ray to see how much fluid has built up this time. We are hoping that a drain will make me feel a little better. I have NEVER felt as week as I do right now! The other suggestion was to drink some gatoraid to get my electrolites back on track. She is supposed to call me back shortly to let me know if it can be done today.

Will fill you all in as I find out.

Thank you for your prayers and god bless each of YOU!

MO

Nancy,

I'll be sitting through chemo tomorrow morning, so a good time to concentrate on some prayer for you while you are in surgery. I pray that God will guide your medical team and I know that He will be with you through the surgery and after. May your healing be rapid and the results bring you peace of mind again.

Margaret

Nancy,

Good luck tomorrow--I know you can do this! You're young and in otherwise really good health--this will be fine.

Don't have to tell you that recovery is not that easy, but it's not that long. Tell them if it hurts and they will make it better.

Do their breathing exercises and get out of that hospital as soon as you can--that's when I started to feel better.

My thoughts are with you tomorrow and during your recovery.

Nancy, just want you to know that I will be thinking of you tomorrow and praying for all involved that everything goes well. Can't wait to read your next post and that you are ok, eating, walking etc.

Mo, so sorry that you are feeling so badly. Make them get on the stick and get that fluid drained quickly. You too are in my prayers. Get better and let us keep hearing from you.

Nina