MN Trip on Hold

MO_Sugar

Well, looks likes he** and high water made it to MO. Right now I have had to put a damper on my MN trip due to the lack of energy and stamina. Wouldn't be bad if I had a super sexxy cabana boy to give me a piggy back ride wherever I wanted to go but just the act of walking from the curb in to a store is about all I can handle right now.

I am going for a chest x-ray today and hopefully a fluid draw tomorrow and we will see it that helps at all. Thursday I see Dr. Joe and we decide on chemo changes so I don't think Iwill be up to the trip on Friday.

Makes me mad cause I was really looking forward to it but maybe it is for the best!

God Bless you all,

MO

Mo does that mean that all the dates change , in other words you will be here later. Let Connie and I know, there may be hope yet that we all can get together while you are here :D:D Meanwhile get better quick

Donna G

Mo,

Since I read your post about having a lack of stamina and energy I have been trying to remember what I did when I had that problem. Well I checked in my records and I started taking glutamine to help with the stamina, energy, muscle wasting and neuropathy. I don't know if its widely used or not but it was suggested to me by a chemo nurse so I tried it. It's not a Rx drug or anything. It's just a fairly common substance sold in some health food stores and particularly body-building stores. Boy did I feel funny walking into one of those places....

Anyway it's supposed to assist the absorption of food in the intestine and do a bunch of other things too. I did improve but I can't say if the glutamine was responsible or just the passage of time. I took 10 grams at a time, 3 times per day. I paid about $40 for each 600 gram jug.

I checked to see why I stopped taking it and I wrote that I had found an article that suggested that since tumors are big consumers of glutamine perhaps it might accelerate the growth of tumors, so I stopped as I didn't really need it anymore anyway.

I'm sorry to give you a mixed recommendation like this but I think if you are interested and do some searches on the web you will probably form your own opinion. Or maybe someone else here has info they will share with you.

I hope you feel better very soon because I remember well how awful that feels, yucky!

Best Wishes Always, Dave S

Mo,

Am so sorry that you couldn't make your trip but you are right, it probably is for the best, you need to get your strength and take care of yourself. You have been a ball of energy, taking trips and doing all sorts of things since you started posting, I'm sure this fatigue must be real difficult for you right now!

You'll be back in action Mo, before you know it...meanwhile, forget about the sexy cabana boys, isn't there a certain festival in town this weekend?? :wink:

Well look on the bright side... you'll be home for the testical festival. :P They must have some nice cabana boys there serving... well let's not think about what they're serving. Hang tough Mo. Maybe those mountain oysters are the boost you're lookin' for.

Gee, Shoog! If you're looking to head north and need to take a rest for this weekend, maybe you can make it north for Rochelle's little lake party... I wish the Testical Festival had been more feasible on the ol' radar screen, but it turned out that I will be packing stuff for a big move for the next two weeks and couldn't have taken a weekend off...

It COULD be, Shoog, that someone was watching out for you and knew that this was your weekend for a MN beer truck were you to be there - what better way to keep you off the MN streets than to keep you home? (Just a thought, I'm working on sleep deprivation here...)

I'm sorry you don't get to go on your trip, disappointment sucks! I hope you are able to reschedule and are feeling better after this TEMPORARY setback.

xxoo,

Becky

Hey Mo,

I don't know about hell, but I can assure you that HIGH WATER has been a MAJOR problem here in Minnesota. We had rain for 12 straight days! Today is the first day the sun has been out for some time!! Yippie!!

I'm so sorry your trip has been PUSHED BACK. I'm going to still plan on you making this trip. I'll see if I can accomodate you with a CABANA BOY (I'm guessing with all the rain we had they all ran for higher ground)but please don't hold me to that. These days, people just don't work like they use too! But, maybe we can find you a horse or mule! We'll figure something out! :roll::wink: I would offer my husband, but he has me on his back all the time! :lol::wink:

Sending you positive vibes and saying some extra prayers that all will be fixed soon for you.