Question about working for American Cancer Society

Andrea

Excuse my boldness for asking a question unrelated to LC, but with close to 1200 members, maybe someone can help me :)

Does anyone here themselves work for the American Cancer Society or know someone who does? If so, I am curious how you like it, is it rewarding (mentally, not financially) stress levels, etc, etc. I applied to be Special Events Manager for Relay for Life and have a phone interview for Fri, so just wanted some insight. I doubt I will get the job b/c I don't have the experience they want in non-profit, but I am giving it a shot.

Please feel free to PM me or e-mail me at andreascheff@cox.net if you have any information. Thanks so much!

PS--I gave notice for my job today. Two weeks notice was not enough, they asked for 30 days so I agreed to 30. What if I get something before, well I will worry about it then I guess :roll:

Well, I am glad you took the step that you wanted to take. I have no knowledge of the American Cancer Society. (as far as employment goes) I wish you the VERY BEST in whatever you choose to do. I quit my job several years ago to stay home with my children. I made a pretty decent salary. Was it difficult to quit? yes. Was it harder without my income? yes. Do I regret it? Not for one minute. Like you, I felt I was needed somewhere besides where I was. I was able to raise my two precious daughters. (As opposed to sending them to daycare)For that I am very thankful. Good luck Andrea!

Angie