Iressa didn't work

Guest bbypookins

Guest bbypookins

Hi everyone-

After about 2 months of being on Iressa, and all of us keeping our fingers crossed for good results, we found out today that Mom's cancer is still growing. They decided to take her off the Iressa and start Taxotere next week. The onc also, finally, gave her a prescription for oxicontin since the vicodin hasn't been doing a damn thing lately. She's having so much pain in her right shoulder and arm that she can't even hold a book. He has no idea what is causing it. It may just be tendonitis, which she has had in the past, so she'll be getting a cortisone shot as well. Hopefully, the oxicontin will relieve that pain. But, other than that, she feels fine. :roll: "Aside from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

I'm really getting tired of bad news. Today is an angry day.

:evil:

Kim

Kim,

I'm really sorry to hear that your Mom's tumors didn't respond to Iressa, but try to lose the anger and hold on to the hope. Taxotere is a good option. And there are other drugs out there. It is a blessing to have options.

I hope that the new meds will help with the shoulder pain, I am taking Oxycodone, and it helps some.

You hang in there.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Kim, I've heard a lot of good about Taxotere. Hopefully this will be the medicine to get your mom's cancer to shrink. My prayers are with you & your mom.

Cat

I agree in this being a bad week! I started Taxotere 3 days ago but so far I don't have any good or bad side effects to report at this time. I hope this buys be a little more time I guess. Hope it does your mom well also. Keeping the fingers crossed for us.

Deb

Sorry you are "Blah" time of it Kim. Sometimes it all gets a little too much doesn't it!

My husband is on "Taxotere" at the moment and has been feeling pretty good, other than dealing with alergies and the bad taste in his mouth. He gets very tired on about the third day after the chemo and usually picks up in a couple of days time.

I do hope you will find that Taxotere will suit your Mom.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope you are feeling much better by now. Paddy