I am loosing my father

Shellie,

I am very glad you posted. It is difficult enough to go this but to not have your brother's support is unspeakable. Do not question yourself and make sure you take care of yourself. Tell your doctor what you are going through. You may need a little something to help you get a good night's rest. My prayers are with you.

Shelly,

How awful this has been for you. I haven't read what the others posted, so I don't know if I am being repetitive. YOU MUST stop letting people tell you that you have done a bad job of taking care of your Dad.... (actually you must stop listening). You know in your heart of hearts that you have done all that you can do - these people have no right to judge you and to threaten you with Estate matters. My God it is unbelievable. Please, Please concentrate on you right now, get the help you need to get through this - This may sound callous, but right now, there is not much more you can do for Daddy, he is in the hospital and getting the care he needs, right now you must DO FOR SHELLY. I pray that God gives you the strength to get through all of this, I know he will. Please keep me posted. God Bless You Shelly. Sharon

Shelly,

Please Please Please stay strong...we all have those days. You are so strong, and always giving me hope. I know it must be awful about your Dad. My gram, although didnt have LC, got dillusional. Its so hard, and scary for everyone. I know all you want to do is help. Im sure that those guys giving you a hassle are just scared too, and need someone to point the finger at. You know you did the BEST for your Dad. Stay strong, and please let us know how he is doing.

Jamie

Dear Shelly,

I hope you will take Ry's advice, I can tell you are overwrought and need a good day, (or more, ) in bed. When you have had the rest you will feel more able to face all the strife that life is throwing at you.

As far as the things your Dad is saying. I know how hurtful it is when a loved one, and someone you have been caring for with all the love in the world, uses harsh words. When he does that, just think to yourself, "It's the disease, because that is all it is.

I send all my love and prayer to you My Dear and I hope you will keep in touch with us. Paddy

my dear Shelly, I am so so sorry for the bad feeling that you are having and I am so sorry for what your dad is suffering.

My dad seems like your dad's case while he is on megadose Steriod. The Decadron triggered my dad that finally he was suffered from Paranoid Delusions. He became violent and paranoid that he afterwards met the psycharist that some prescriptions helped my dad.

I know how you feel while you are facing your precious, beloved dad, who looks and behaves total different. I know how this feeling hurts you because the yelling will hurt his voice and hurt his body & emotions that finally to the disadvantage of him.

I also know that blame from other people are really hurt to you and please neglect them as they are so unhappy that they want to find a victim be the excuse and they think if they blame, they will feel better.

I suggest you to arrange a psycharist to meet your dad for soothing his emotion and calm him. Although there may be not so much time left, but the quality of life is very important and especially important to him. Get the meds to help him.

I can't help here but only to offer my prayers to your dad and you. Hang in there, my friend. Do whatever you think will not make you regret. Say how much you love you dad.