update on Alan again

Fall54

Hi all,

I know it has been a long time since I have posted but I know I need to. Alan is out of the hospital and recovered well from the surgery that his DR didnt think he would make it through. He's fighting !! He goes weekly for procrit shots and has bad days and good days. Sometimes the family does not think he will make it even a few weeks more and other times we feel he is doing so well that theres no telling. He stumbles a lot, is very forgetful and confused at times. There are other times he seems so much more on the ball. I know it's this rollercoaster ride from hell and right now he is riding it safely, or so it seems. He is again back with his wife and there is tremendous stress there but I believe he went back to have his independance as long as he could. I think he feels more like a patient when he is not living at home, even though the conditions there are horrible. He says his life is a wreck! My heart just breaks for him. Please keep him in your prayers as we will all of you.

God Bless,

Jane

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

You've been through so much Jane. Take some time for yourself. You need at least a wee break. Please do something that makes you feel good whether it's a massage or salon day or news clothes or a walk in the woods. Prayers are going up for you and your brother. He's one heck of a fighter!

Cat

I bet your heart broke when Allen went back home..I wish the wife could show a little compassion, but I guess what ever makes him happy makes you happy...Maybe with a few prayers for Allen the wife will lighten up a bit..

Thank you for your post Jane. I had been wondering how your brother was going. I am glad to hear he made it through the surgery OK.

I continue to hold you warmly and closely in my thoughts through this difficult time.

Jana

xxx