Golfing and boating with God by his side

angelb

Hello all.. Sorry I have not been on the board for a while. Just want to thank each and everyone of you for your thoughts and prayers and wonderful uplifting advise regarding my dad. Unfortunatly he is no longer with us. I went to GA on Friday the 21 upons my moms plea for support as my dad was admitted into the ICU. Pneumonia had taken hold of both lungs and the potent antibiotics were not working for him. He fought very hard, but my mom sat by his side and told him she would be alright and that it was ok for him to go and that she will meet him at the gates of heaven in the future, and he went..... Monday May 24 at 7:30 am. She was able to be with him in the end, and for that I am very grateful. Since then, we have cried a great deal, but we will heal. It comes and goes in waves. I miss him so much my heart hurts so. It hurts me more now knowing that my mom will have to face the big empty house now. She does not want to change anything just yet - I understand. It feels as though he will come through the door at any minute. We will be alright, all we will need is time and each other, even though we live 600 miles away we are bound even closer through this experience. Now, I think she needs to work out a routine, which in itself will be a challenge as he did quite a bit on his own. I just thank God that he answered our prayers in that he didnt suffer. He spent a fulfilling 62 years, 4 months and 24 days on this earth. We will miss him dearly. We already had a memorial service in GA, this Sunday we are having another at home (VA) and expect well over 250 people to attend as he touched many lives.. I am honored that he touched mine.

Angela

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Angela, I am sorry to hear about your loss. How wonderful that your mom told him it was okay to leave and that she would be alright. His spirit will always be there for both of you.

Take care,

Cat

I am so sorry to hear about your loss :( You have such a wonderful spirit and your mom is so lucky to have you. I hope you keep posting and let us know how you are doing. Thre are great forums on here for anytime you want to vent, yell, cry, etc.

Oh, Angela. I am so, so sorry for this great loss. I also see that this all happened so very fast and your stepdad was just diagnosed in April. My, my, my. What a shock all of this has been for you. Your post about your stepdad is just beautiful - so sweet, gentle and loving. I can tell that you loved him very much and that your mother is also very dear to you. I'm so glad you were with her at this time of sadness. Please accept my most sincere condolences, and I pray that God will give you, your mom and your entire family His peace.

God bless you,

Peggy

I just want to thank you for all of your heartfelt sympathy. It does help. I think I have learned very valuable lessons through all of this. The spirit is truly amazing in pulling strength from places you never knew existed. I have become a beliver that more than ever we are not in control of our lives at times when the inevetable in near. We simply handed it over to God and he took care of it all. He took my dad's hand and led him to eternal peace and happiness. For that I am so very grateful, because I dont think he would have wanted to continue life the way he was living, hooked up to so many machines. In having conversations with my mom in the past week - many many late night/early morning talks since none of us have been able to sleep, she seems to take each second at a time, but she is taking this so amazingly well. I think she is still in shock - heck I think we are all still in shock. All three of his sons were there as well, there is no lack of family support, its just so sad that we were all together for that reason. I miss him so much. My oldest daughter, Alyson had a VERY close relationshiop with her papa, and now he is with God. She is having a very difficult time in dealing with this. I can see that she is hurting so much. I see her looking at the photo album from last summer when she spent a month with them. She wont cry in front of me, or talk to me, but I know she is talking to my mom, so I know she will eventually be alright. My mom cries quite a bit, especially when she does something that he would have normally done, like the laundry, or pay the bills. It is going to be a rough road, but she is reading a book by Dr. Joyce Brothers about widowhood and what to expect, so far she says it is helping a bit because then she can recognize the symptoms of depression that is so easy to slip into our lives. I think she plans to head back to GA on Monday or Tuesday, that is when the real greiving will start becuase then everything will start to settle, the services will be over, and family and friends will continue back in the daily rush of life and routine and my mom will have to face this alone. My heart breaks for her each time I put myself in her place and try (And I cant really) to imagine if it was me in her place and I have lost my husband.. I just cant bear the thought, and even then I am sure I havent even touched the tip of the iceberg. I just know that I will be there for her whenever, wherever she needs me. I miss him so very much, but I have come to realize that now I must turn all my energy to the one left behind. I leave it all in Gods hands to help us all get through this. God bless you all., and thank you so very much. Angela

Angela,

I to am so sorry for the loss of your loving father. They say time heals and I guess in time it will so just hang in and help your mom as much as you can for there are very lonely days ahead for both her and you.

Angela, I am so sorry for your loss of your father. I hope that in your memories of your father you and your mother will find comfort. I hope that you feel Gods presence, and your dads-faith is a wonderful thing. Please let us know how you are doing. Take care, Deb