Mets to spine

Guest Sheezbusy

Guest Sheezbusy

My FIL has been dx with nsclc, with mets to his spine and right hip. The radiologist states he is giving rads to two lesions in the spine (at the T & L regions)and one in the hip. However, he has cancer throughout his spine. He has refused any chemo. He is getting 10 treatments of radiation (one per day), and will then be comming home with me. I know his prognosis is poor, especially without chemo treatment. ANy insight on his condition would be appreciated.

My husband had the same thing, but why only 10 treatments of radiation? Most people get at leat 20 to 30? It works though, it will kill the cancer and releive the pain a lot. Hope he can get the 3D, it is easier to take and won't hit other vital organs. Good Luck!

Tess

Welcome to this board.

A couple of questions: How old is your FIL? Is he otherwise healthy?

Why is he refusing chemo? Do you like his doctors and think they are acting aggressive enough?

So often, drs are doom and gloom with lc patients. But read this board, we are making those drs. shake in their boots at how well we are doing.

Let us know how your FIL is doing.