my father is gone

shelliemacs

Shelly,

I too want to say how sorry I am to hear about your Dad. PLEASE if you need us, you know where we are. Even if you just need to talk. Read everyones posts, they all have wonderful things to say...

So sorry again...

Jamie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Shellie,

So sorry for your pain. Your parents are together again and in no more pain. You are an exceptional lady, who went above and beyond to spare them of this dreadful disease. There are no words to bring them back or make your suffering any less. Just know that you have a family here, ready to support you whenever you need us. God Bless you my friend,

Cheryl

Shelly-

Your love and support for your parents through their LC journey certainly DO count...it's just hard to realize it at this time. Praying that God grants you the strength and solace to endure your anguish and to refurbish your memories as time passes. Sending my sincerest condolences for the loss of your beloved parents.

Shelley,

There are no words to tell you how very very sorry I am. Just know that you are not alone and we are all thinking of you and praying for you. You did everything that you could. I don't understand and I'm sorry for all of your pain.

I just stopped in for a minute to catch up on things and saw your post. My heart aches for you. I know it doesn't seem like it right now but you are an incredibly strong lady. Hang in there and you will get through the next weeks. I know how hard it is to turn to God when you feel that he has betrayed you but that too will pass so I say may God bless and care for you until you are better able to care for yourself again. Lillian

Shellie,

I know this is hard to take right now but I know that your father is so at peace being with the woman he loved now. When one looses a spouse, it is just horrible. No one can describe how it is and how it affects the remaining survivor. I was at the grocery store yesterday and in front of me was a man somewhere around my age. He got himself a cart and started through the store not putting anything in it. He went through the produce dept, then the canned goods, then the meat and there he picked up a package of hotdogs. He looked so very lonely. I asked him if he just recently lost a spouse and his answer was yes. He never went shopping by himself before so I helped he get some fruit, milk, bread and butter then told him to eat out a lot until he could focus again. He thanked me and we parted.

I know you will miss him very much but as we all hear time will heal. I know the time healed for me when I lost my mom and dad so close to each one with the dreaded lc. Loosing Buddy is a lot harded this time though. I look forward to the day I will meet him again and he will hold on to me ever so tightly. Please understand, I am sure he is where he really wants to be...

Dearest Shelly,

I am so very sorry...my heart is breaking for you. I wish I had the words to mend your pain. No one should ever have to endure what you have been through over the past year. Please know I am here for you. I am wishing you some much needed comfort and peace in the days ahead. A big hug is being sent your way. So very very sorry....

Dear Shelley,

I am so very sorry. Words just are not adequate right now - Your pain is almost tangible. Please keep the faith, know that your parents are now with each other and STILL watching over you. You have been a wonderful, loving, courageous daughter. I admire you and your strength. Much Love and Sympathy, Sharon

Shellie:

I am crying with you as I read your post. Brings back so many memories of losing my dad in February. A co-worker of mine lost his mother-in-law to lung cancer on the same day as your dad. No matter how hard we try, we can never prepare ourselves. I know that's where God helped me and my family and He will help you get through this. Please hang on to your faith right now and we'll still be here for you. I don't visit the board as often now that my dad is gone, but I still feel part of the family and reading others' experiences help me get through. I also helped my co-worker with his MIL and how to cope near the end. They are all at peace now and in a far better place than we are. I carry my Dad's funeral home card w/picture in my purse and when I miss him, I take it out and read the back "Old Irish Blessing" and it gives me comfort -- May God hold you in the palm of his hand now and help you through this very difficult time. Your parents would want you to honor them by continuing to live life to its fullest.

Guest KellyB

(((((SHELLIE)))))

I have seen your posts since day 1. You were always a positive source of energy to me...you have endured way too much...things can only get better. Your mom & dad are in paradise together. This life is a blink of an eye ....in eternity the love will be there for us all. It stinks being stuck here, mourning and missing our loved ones.

Be well I will pray for you...Kelly B