my father is gone

shelliemacs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Shelly...my deepest sympathy for the loss of your father.

I did a search to see if there was a recent post from you...as I've been worried. I must admit.....this is my first time in this forum. I hadn't yet found the courage to visit here...but your lack of posts elsewhere worried me.

Please know I've been thinking of you. I am so sorry for all you've been through....but you needn't feel like you've lost against the cancer....because love always triumphs and you clearly loved your parents and they surely knew it!

Hold on to the good memories....because in time, they very much obscure the struggles, the pain, the difficulties involved in losing a loved one. In time....the good memories triumph too!

Sending a prayer for you for healing this terrible loss and for comfort. I'm so sorry, honey.

Shelly,

I'm so very sorry for your loss -- one loss after another. I wish I knew what to say... I'm sure nothing can erase the pain at a time like this. I hope it helps in some small way to know how much we all care for you. You've borne more than anyone should be asked to bear, and I think the world of you for all you've done for your parents. Now it's time to take care of yourself. You're in my prayers,

BeckyCW

Shelly I am so so so sorry! I guess you have asked yourself how could this be remotely possible that both parents get this awful disease and so close together. I am so so sorry, and cant imagine your feelings now. If you need anything, please ask and we will try to do,get,say anything that will make you feel better.

Rick

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Shelly, I hope you received my email. I am achingly sorry for all you have been through. I can't think of a thing to say to make it better. You have had too much grief. Take care of yourself.

Cat

Shelly,

I am so sorry to hear your bad news. Both parents is asking a little much for one person in such a short time. You know that now they are together and that both will never stop loving you...nor you them. My thoughts are with you.

Nina

Shelly, I am so sorry you had to lose both your parents in so short a time. Please know I ache for you and wish you support in your grief. I lost both parents within a year of each other when I was in my early twenties, and I know that lonely feeling. But we do survive, and our best tribute to them is to be the best person we can and to remember them. Don

• 2 weeks later...