Bone Scan

Remembering Dave

Hello everybody, I am going in for a bone scan in the morning. I have not had one done since I was diagnosed last march. I am not having any pain that I feel all the time but the bone above my right eye has excrutiating pain when Faith bonks me there, bless her little heart. When she hits me on the left side it hurts but nowhere near as bad as on the right side. It also feels as if the bone is raised a little on theright side. Of course Faith does not mean to bonk me but well things happen like that sometimes you know. Anyway I am not really worried about it but Karen made me go to our primary care doc and the doc said--why not, lets do a bone scan so a phone call later and I am scheduled for tomorrow moring. I have to be there at 7:30 and then they shoot me up with something at 8:00 and then I have to wait until 11:00 to have the dern scan done. O well, should get the results back soon. On the brighter side, Faith had her Graduation ceremony tonight. Even though she is only 2 1/2 she is moving up to the 3 year old class!!! Thats my girl!!!!!

David C

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everybody, the scan went as well as can be expected....I guess. The table was sticking a little but they still were able to complete it. Not sure what they shot me full of but they told me to drink as much as I possible could between the time I got injected (8:00) and my scan time(11:00). They cut me loose afte my injection and I went and got two 1 Qt. bottles of water and then went to Wal-Mart and walked around, and walked around. Killed about an hour there and got such esential things as an Apple corer, Dog Food, Milk Bones and yes, another liter of water. I still had a lot of time to kill so I went to a Big Lots store and was overcome with shopping glee, snapping up all the closeout bargains such as a bottle nose jack and a multifunction reversable, ratcheting screwdriver set. Oh the bargains. OK, at this point I had already drank 1 and 1/2 quarts of water and my little legs were constantly crossed, boy talk about pain, I would go to the little boys room and then be back in misery in 5 minutes. I went back to the hospital and watched CNN and daydreamed about the bargains to be had at Big Lots for the remaining 1/2 hour I had to wait. The scan went fine but as I was going to the room I did start to get a little woozy, not sure if it was from the injection they gave me or the excessive time I had spent on my feet walking through the stores or the sheer excitement of Big Lots. They had me go to the boys room, AGAIN, straped me to the table, did the scan and then said OK you can get up and leave. I was so sore and stiff I could barely get up and I was walking like I was 100 years old. Needless to say I went home and took a nap. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, May Ann I may take you up on the helmet but I was born in Texas and am not sure I know what a hockey helmet looks like, maybe I will get my mom to ship me my football helmet, if she has kept it all these years. I will let you all know the results as soon as I get them, I really am not worried about it, think Karen is more worried than I am.

Thank You all.

David C

Bro,

I'm praying that "bonkitis" turns out to be the only problem. Now about that shopping addiction... :shock: I promise not to tell Mother, if you're really, really good to me. But you are seeing the genetic pattern, here, right? (Tell me you're not going to go exchange half the stuff tomorrow!) :wink:

Ok, Karen here.

Becky, oh myh gosh, now I have to go to the ladies room I'm laughing so hard at the "exchange the stuff tomorrow joke" and also the genetic pattern joke.

For everyone else: their mom is a compulsive bargain shopper. We regularly get boxloads of deals from the clothing bargain table at whatever department or outlet store was nearby. anyway, she'll buy all this stuff and ALWAYS either leaves the tags on and sends the receipts OR takes it all back herself the next day. And to be honest with you, it's usually never just the right size, but it was just such a good price . . .

Becky - hate to tell you this, but Dave's had shop-itis for quite some time, but never for clothes, just tools and crap like that. And never 'cause it's a bargain. Just because he had a cause of the "gimmees" at the time.

Ok, think I 'm done laughing now!

Karen