Bone Scan

Remembering Dave

Hi, everyone. This is Karen. I got a call yesterday evening from our family doctor who ordered Dave's bone scan. She said, basically, it doesn't look good - in that it probably isn't a case of Faith induced bonkitis but that the evil beast has returned.

We see Dave's radiologist today 2:00 for a game plan and maybe further testing. I'm thinking we oughta do a MRI of his head to see exactly what's going on but we'll see what the good doc says.

Not what we wanted to hear, but we will, once again, beat the beast!

God Bless,

Karen C.

p.s. prayers requested and appreciated!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well dangit....this is not what I wanted to hear either. :( But I know that you both have the right attitude and that you'll simply proceed with the conviction that this too, can be overcome....whatever it is.

I've been waiting to hear...and I'm sorry there wasn't a simple "all clear, but try to avoid collisions with your daughter's head from now on" explanation.

Prayers and positive vibes coming at you....from all directions, I expect. Please keep us posted and know that lots of positive energy is coming David's way....

Guest Phyllis

I am sorry it wasn't the news you were expecting, but it sounds like you have a good doctor. I will hold you in my thoughts and hope that things turn out well for you, which I am sure they will. Your daughter is adorable.

David, Karen, please go for a full and detail check say PET scan for earlier start on 2nd line chemo. From my dad's case, it can progress very rapidly that unfortunately my dad didn't have a second chance to receive chemo......As you know, SCLC is very responsive to chemo, so catch on time if this disease really returns...

My prayers and thoughts are with you whole family. I pray for the earliest game plan. I will keep you all in my prayers everyday especially david.

Karen and David,

I am so very sorry that the news was not what you (and all of us) wanted.

Earl has just be dx'd with multi mets to the brain. The dr. put him on Temodar - a chemo in pill form that crosses the blood/brain barrier. You might want to ask your dr. about it.

You take 3 pills a day (with an anti nausea drug) for 5 days and then nothing the 23 days.

I am praying very hard that the dr. has a good plan for you. Please let us know.

Karen and Dave:

I hope this turns out to be a big false alarm and a case of bonkitis turns out to be the diagnosis........all three of you are in my thoughts and prayers.....please keep us posted.

We saw Dave's radiologist yesterday. He said he's not convinced it's cancer, he can't tell anything really from the bone scan, so Dave is going for a CT scan of his face today and we see him again Friday morning. If he still can't tell anything, he's going to send him to an ENT doctor to biopsy the bonkitis bump.

Hopefully it is just a case of bonkitis. He said it's an awfully strange spot for a mets to go.

He also said the PET scan got his brain but doesn't get the skull that great, so he can say with a degree of certainity that it's not in the brain, but can't say for sure about the skull. So the facial CT scan will pick up the bone and tissue behind it (I think it's the same CT scan they order to look at the sinuses).

So we still don't know, but at least it's looking a little better in my opinion.

God Bless and thanks for the prayers,

Karen C.

p.s. - Ginny - thanks for the tip on the chemo pill. If it comes to that we will certainly ask the doctor about it. Especially since Dave just got his porta-cath removed! I am REALLY sorry to hear about the Duke's brain mets. That is so so disappointing. I will be praying for you two, a very special couple.

God Bless,

Karen C.

This sounds much more hopeful....to know that the radiologist is not convinced that this is a met! Heaving a little sigh of relief here and hoping that the facial CT defines clearly, what this is so that it can be taken care of!

I know it's got to be hard...still not knowing yet....but so far, so good if there is doubt about it being a met...eh?

Still sending prayers for some good news and an easy resolution!! You guys "keep the Faith".....and we'll all keep sending the Hope and Prayers....ok? :wink: