Moss Report

Terri

Elaine

Sorry to offend you I have no clue who Katie is. I have recd. nothing from her & when I view forums I usually only look at specific catagories.

By posting in multiple catagories I hope to reach out to more people who like me do not read all of them. I'm hoping that more people find out about the RFA. I personally have gained a lot from the Moss reports concerning many of the quack cures that I see all over the internet, it has saved me a fortune in not buying products that made false claims.

I have recd. numerous e-mails from the different posts & different forums just in the last few days, yours is the only complaint the rest were asking for additional info.

I just found this site a few days ago & was unaware there was a limit on postings.

Thanks

Terri

Terri

You aren't offending me, but there was a post from Katie the administrator of the site asking that this not be done. I didn't mean to sound so bitchy.

I think a lot of people look at the posts the way I do:

I go to the main page and click on "Posts since your last visit"--and then all the new posts and replies to posts appear.

elaine

Elaine

I have never viewed the forum that way by searching for new posts. Was not even aware that was an option. Like I said I just found this site. I have a dial up connection & have no trouble navigating the pages.

It just drives me crazy that the RFA is kept such a secret. I had it in the Philadelphia Inquirer in 2001 & the story was picked up by the Associated Press. It generated 100's of phone calls to me then & I am only trying to let people know it is available & may be a viable option.

Besides we have cancer & we should be sleeping we are allowed to be bitchy!

Terri

LOL

Yes, I am tired, but not sleeping....

The thing about RFA that I learned, is that there are Soooo many contraindications....that I do think that for many people it is not or will not be an option until cancers are found earlier.

elaine

I was stage 4 when diagnosed. My tumor had also attached to chest wall & fractured two ribs. When the ribs fractured & caused the pain in my arm pit was when I found the cancer. If I was a candidate after two surgeons telling me I was non operable, don't underestimate it.

It depends solely on the size & location of the tumor. I did get a lung collapse with the first RFA, but it was no big deal they blew it right back up. Still came home 2 days later with a band-aid.

Considering my diagnosis of 6 to 9 mos. to live 4 yrs. ago a lung collapse was a piece of cake.

My most recent RFA of the other lung was again deemed non operable by a very good surgeon. Yet the RFA worked & now shows dead on my follow-up scan. No lung collapse & out at 8 AM next morning, again with a band-aid.

It really depends upon the skill of the Dr. using the probe & lungs are not as easy as other body parts. Sort of like poking a needle into a baloon. But as long as they are far enough from the main vessels that cause heat sink it can work very well.

There is no better tumor than a dead one.

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Okay guys, don't yell at me. I'm just telling you my perspective. I see Terri as very excited that he is conquering his cancer so much so that he wants to share a procedure he feels we know little about. His double/triple posting can cause aggravation for dial-up users because of time involved. However, I feel he is doing this out of an altruistic purpose.

I also realize from PMs I've received that my take on a situation can be different from others. I call myself a cynic but I swear to all that is holy, when others see so-and-so supposedly acting out of unkindness - I don't see it at all - I mean at all! :?::shock:

I see people acting from their heart, their believes, their concern for their family or others. In RL, many people say I'm naive (even though I think I'm a cynic). So maybe I'm not the best person to judge such situations.

I don't mean to sound like I'm this goody two shoes because truthfully I make mistake after mistake. I just don't want anyone to be angry at each other for reasons that may not exist. We are all under such extreme pressure, it's hard to see straight.

Well, I'm trying to make sense but, as usual, it's after 6 a.m. and I need sleep.

Elaine, this is not meant to be directed at you and I deeply hope you don't take offense. You're a great person & I consider you a friend.

Cat