The best mother in the world

Mark67

My mother 53years old was diagnosed with NSCLC stage 4 Adeno 2 months ago with brain mets 8 of them, liver mets ,kidney mets,mets to her spine and possible bone mets. Before they could do anything to help her lung they said they had to get her brain mets taken care of first. So we did that she went for Whole brain radiation 1 1/2 months ago. The doctor there said they might be able to get a couple of them but there will always be some remaining so they were just trying to buy her some time because she wanted to be at my wedding September 18th 2004 the doctor didn't think it would be likely she would be there but we didn't loose hope. After receiving 5 doses of the WBRT she seemed to be doing great with minor nausea. A couple of days later she didn't seem to be as with it as she always was but that was the least of our worries, she was starting to feel numb in the arm and leg and started to really weaken. So we brought her to the hospital and the doctor told us in private that the radiation probably didn't work and she would die soon very soon in days. So my mom's wish from the beginning was to be healthy for my wedding in September which became out of the question. So me and my family started planning my wedding for the next day May 15th we all came together and did everything we could to make my mothers dream come true we asked if she could attend the wedding or just the church part and the doctors didn't see that as a problem her health wasn't too bad its just they thought her brain would soon shut down. On May 15th my mothers breathing got really bad and she had to be put on oxygen so now we weren't sure she would make it a all to the wedding or even worse make it through the night, but I was ready to have the wedding in the hospital with my now wife who supported me through all of this and was willing to give up here dream wedding all for me and my family and I'll never forget that. Anyways by noon I was a wreck hearing this news and didn't think it would be possible to plan a wedding with my mother dying, So everything was looking down I really started to doubt God I kept asking him for favours and I was always shut down with more bad news 2 months ago my mother was perfectly fine now she is dying painfully how could I believe, No God could do this to such a wonderful lady. But I still prayed that she could at least witness my wedding. And then the good news came with all the doctors doubting her with all stats against her a 1 in 2 million chance the doctor came in and said those words I'll never forget Your Cat scan is clear you have no more brain mets and everything looks good we will probably be able to release you to go to your Son's wedding I tell you I will never doubt God again. Me and my family were amazed we went crazy and because of this news everything for the wedding came together my family, the best family in the world all came together and made a wedding happen all in less then 24hrs, the food, the drinks, the DJ, the Cake, My wife's dress (that she looked amazing in) all the Tuxes getting family from all over to drop their plans and come to our wedding. It was honestly unbelievable. Later that day after everything seemed to be taken care of we got a bit more bad new my mother had developed Pneumonia probably from the meds the doctors put her back on "Dexazone" because they assumed the radiation didn't work, but after the good news we heard that morning we knew she could beat that but the doctors wouldn't let her leave the hospital so we did the whole church thing with the family's minus my mother and father but like I said before, we hopped in my car and me my new wife and the minister all went to the hospital were we got married again so she could see it she was thrilled, it made her day, she actually smiled again not one of the fake smiles she would do to help relieve us from knowing she was in pain but an actual smile again, she was always so un selfish hiding her pain to make us more comfortable, but because of that smile our wedding was perfect my mother was at the hospital with the new positive news the first time we received positive news yet, the wedding was going great my mother got what she wished for everything was great. Unfortunately she couldn't make it to the reception hall but the fact that she was alive to witness my wedding was enough. The wedding was all done at 3:00 in the morning the last person left at that time we closed off the night with the Song stairway to heaven. At exactly 3:08 Heaven received a new angel my mother the strongest women alive. To me this story is worthy to be in the Good News section because I know now how important family is and that doctors don't know it all and nobody should ever give up because my mother didn't and it made it a lot easier on us all, if she would have she wouldn't have seen me get married and I would have had a much harder time dealing with this all. But most importantly she helped me believe there is a higher power out there and he only seems to take the best.

So Mom I love you and Thanks for everything

God Bless you Mark for sharing your wonderful mom with all of us. She sounded like a wonderful mom and lady. Thank you my dear. This is a bitter sweet story in that you were able to go ahead with your wonderful wedding and that you lost your wonderful mom all at the same time.

May she rest in Peace. May you live in happiness knowing you made your mom happy and very proud. You sound like a loving, wonderful son.

God Bless.

Mark,

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear mom, sounds like she was a beautiful person..I know about those fake smiles too, thats a trait of a completely unselfish person (my dad always had fake smiles for me as well)..Your new wife also sounds like a special young lady..They say if a man treats his mom well he will treat his wife good too, so your new wife is very lucky to have you..

Mark,

I was glued to the screen reading this very touching story. What a tribute to your wonderful mother that you and all your family went to such great lengths to grant her wish. Congratulations to you and your new bride, and may God bless you and your family with His comfort and peace during this time.

God bless you,

Peggy

Mark,

I have chills and my eyes were watering as I read your story. I'm moved.

I'm so sorry that you lost your amazing mother. It sounds like you have a wonderful wife who loved your mother very much.

My mom was close to your mom's age...I can relate to the pain you are going through right now. Thank God for the one's that are there to keep us going forward when all we want to do is lay in bed and never get up. I don't know what I would have done without my husband by my side. It's amazing how much stronger it has made our relationship. It sounds like you have the same experience with you wife. Thanks for sharing your story.

Please don't ever forget there is a God, and he does answer prayers. He just answers different than we want sometimes. Your mom is watching over you always. God Bless you, YOU are a remarkable young man, she deserves credit for raising such a thoughtful son!! :)

Tess

Marc-

What an uplifting tribute and celebration of your mother and life! I agree that it could just as easily have been posted in the Good News section.

I rejoice in your wedding bliss and offer condolences for the passing of your courageous, beloved mother. Such is the circle of life...