Angels and Demons

Remembering Dave

karen

Yes, you did. SInce you and I and JC and some others weren't classified as angels by a poster, you dubbed us the opposite, which seemed to be implied. So I guess we are the demon club. Wanna start a heavy metal band??? You can blacken or green your hair first. Then I will. Ha. And likewise with the tatooes of snakes and the tongue piercings. Hey I bet there's people willing to donate to LSCS to view a picure of you in goth. LOL. Granted. Dave in goth might bring in a few more bucks.

elaine

Elaine I have been trying to get Karen to get a tatoo for years pointing out particularly nice ones when we see them displayed on various part of the female anatomy while out at the theater or in the Malls around town. Faiths new hair dresser has a tatoo on her neck of some chinese character, maybe she can help. A LCHELP Gothic Rock Band now thats a good idea I sure hope we can get some other takers for this soon very soon like in 4 hours.........I simply can't continue I know there are probably Goth's out there who will get offended and I have not come this far to get demoned by a goth.........by the way what is a goth?

Gee, four hours- on a Friday, fat chance. I don't see Snowflake and Okideb or Frank or any other of the chat crowd on-- (maybe they already have a band and haven't told us--yea that's it, they are at band practice!). My suggestion is to take it to the board. I hear you have a close tie to a board member and I bet she would love to see you with green hair or the like. All for a good cause, ya know. It could be lucrative. And a chance to see the world while touring. Groupies, David!! With tatooes in all kinds of places. :oops: I hear David A has a nice raspy voice. Maybe he will agree to lead vocal, and you blow a mean horn.... I am beginning to see a really nice picture here.

Come on, quit your number crunching day job.....

elaine

It all makes sense now.....they are all at band rehersal. You know one year at band camp,........ OK not going there. Funny you say I should quit my day job. I spent 13 year on the road going up and down the east coast playing in bands while going to school part time. I loved it, got to go and Play at Sloppy Joes in Key West FL on several occasions and revelled the public with the Electric Slide and Wind between my Thighs for years. I actually got out of the music business because I got tired of getting home when the birds got up. A good freind of mine coined a phrase we have used for years about the reason we got out of the music Biz--I was tired of dodging the grim reaper--now look at what a mess I am in now. (OK if you can't laugh at yourself.........). I could have moved to Las Vegas or NY City or LA and joined the Union but after the union tried to fine me $100.00 for impersonating a Trombone player I had little use for the Union (thats whole 'nother story)

How about it David A?? I bet Ry would look good with a few tatoos and purple hair. Good old sis can play the piano. What do you say Becky to a punk version of Tubular Bells.

David C

Man David C you are weird... punk Tubular Bells??? You'd have to do yet another picture. :shock:

I'll pass on the tatoos, I know two too many people that got Hepatitis C from them. Now purple hair is a possibility but I have no musical talent. If you're good I will let you join my cult :P

Ry!!!!!! Thats the beauty of it all. You don't have to have any talent for Punk Rock!!!!!!!! Just jump around on stage with lots of tatoos and black and purlple on with your amplifier turned up to 11 (who can tell me what thats from?) fake smoke and a set that looks like a mini stone henge (thats twice....come on folks) and shout angels and demons over and over and over. Kids think it's cool. Of course we will have to have someone volunteer to be the drummer and it aint gonna be me they have a habit of spontaneously combusting ( thats 3!!! )

David C

David and Elaine.

I don't happen to think that either of you are demons. I don't know about the angel part tho. I read your post now for little over a year and have not saw a single post that would classify you as a demon.

I don't have any music talent but maybe I could do something to act like I could. :):):)

To you all,

I think it was Fay that used the word demon the first,

as I refused to be one, and only want to be myself (which is worst)

I would fit very well with the group.

Hard to color my hair as I shave my head, but I could put a few of

those tattoos (glued on) I already have the log snakes earrings

and a very nasty disposition when I am attacked.

Do you accept me ?????? please.

J.C.

To come back to that post.

The person had written

''Of course he smokes, like a chimney.

Stopped for about 5 years after heart attack at 37::

''Please don't be afraid to speak straight to me, that's exactly

what I need.''

So much to speak straight..................we should speak crooked

it would be better.

J.C.

WELL!!!!!!! I told my kids when my hair fell out I was going to get a tattoo of eyes on the back of my head. That way I could say--

I told you I had eyes in the back of my head!

I chickened out both times, 2001 and again in 2003. If it happens again I WILL have it done.

I will come root for your band, just tell me the time and place.

Love Cindy

Hmmm.... Mini-stonehenge was Zeplen and the spontaniousely combustable drummer was The Who. I know who did the amp turned up to 11 and can see his face in my mind but I think the Vicoden I just took is taking effect and can't for the life of me remember his name.

Dean

Elaine,

David C. metioned three rather infamous things that happened in the anuals of Rock and Roll. The mini-stonhenge set was for a Led Zeplen concert. The problem was that it was TOO mini and Zeplen ended up looking like some kind of fools trapsing around the stage with a bunch of itty-bitty stone models of the English place of mystery. Not the effect they wanted.

The combustable drummer was supposed to be a big ending to a Who TV performance. There was supposed to be a big "smoke and light" explosion in front of the drum set as the last chord was played. Unfortunately, due to a mix up in communication, TWO explosive charges were set instead of one and when the whole thing went up it lit the drum set AND the drummer on fire.

The "turn the amp up to 11" refers to the fact that a rocker changed the dials on his amps to read 11 as the loudest where normaly the loudest is 10. That's the one I can't remember.

Dean

Yes, Yes!!!!!! I really am not a movie buff, couldn't tell you who starred in what or who directed thismovie or that movie to save myself fot the most part. The two movies I referred to here is--Spinal Tap--a must see for any rock music fans and American Pie a jouvenile (very jouvenile at that. story of, how should I say........growing up) My wife has refused to watch American Pie but she has seen Spinal Tap. If you want some good comedy go get these. American Pies humor may offend some so read some of the reviews prior to writing.

Bruce and J.C. welcome aboard to the punk Rock scene. Dean you can do wheelies around stage and have flames coming from the back of your scooter like you were burning nitro in that thing.

David C

David: Yea! Sounds good to me. And I'll pull my "srat" out of the closet (yea, I do own a fender stratocaster).

Another rock and roll moment: Anyone remember when Metalica's front man missed his mark on stage and ended up standing ON TOP of the little hole where the phospherous flames were to come out rather than behind it? He lived through it and was able to return to the band after rehab, but it was NASTY.

Spinal-Tap!!! (hitting self up along side the head). Of COURSE! Great movie.

Dean

Now, David, this is spooky... At work a couple of weeks ago, someone dropped into a conversation, "one year at band camp..." and when some of us had confused looks on our faces (and others were laughing quite loudly), we were told we HAD to see this movie.

So maybe KAREN can get away without seeing it, but apparently I can't -- because the DVD was practically forced on me :twisted: by one of the weird (but lovable) computer guys at work, and now if I don't watch it before returning it, he'll know. He'll be quizzing me. I'll be thought of as a rude prude! So... maybe this is my weekend to watch American Pie. :lol: Then I won't feel like such an old fogey. :wink: