Relay for Life

kimblanchard

Friday at 8PM I joined many others for the Survivors Lap to start our local Relay for Life. A male and female were each recognized as being 40 year survivors. I brought home the Survivor sash and for the time beinf have it hanging on the mirror in my bedroom. Why do I sometimes have to be reminded that yes I am a survivor. When the priest started to say the opening prayer folks reminded him to pary for NO rain. He didn't and about 12:20 AM we had a terrible electric/rain storm!! This is the3rd consecutive year that we have had storms. I didn't get up in time to do the last lap which was for survivors too. We had a great turnout but I don't know how many went back after the storm.

We also had our Relay for Life Friday night. It was our first time going with my husband as a survivor--5 month survivor. We had luminaries with all the names read at 10:00 p.m. Don't know if everyone does that or not. It is a very moving experience.

Just wish there was a cure for all cancers.