Ultra Sound Results

BJ

Hi All,

The ultrasound results say I have a fibroid adnoma (sp). They did not think it was anything to worry about because it has smooth edges, but did want to follow up. I told them about my history and I wanted to have the follow up with my doctor, so she is going to have the films and ultrasound results ready for me to pick up on Friday. I then called my doctor and told him what was going on. I already had a appointment scheduled on 6/28. He feels that it can wait until then. I talked to my manager and she says that a fibroid is better that a cyst and that everytime she has a mammagram she walks to the next room to get an ultrasound because she has fibroids also. So I will see what the doc says. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for listening.

BJ

So many times we worry over mammo results or a lump...and most of the time it turns out to be something other than a malignancy. I'm happy your worst worries have been relieved and that your doctor sees no need to move up your appointment.

They may just track this for a while. I've had plenty of cysts over the years and a couple of scares that required ultrasound to make sure...but never have even needed a biopsy.

Hope it's the same for you. Make sure to give us an update after you see your doc on the 28th! Heaving a sigh of relief for you.....Whew!! :)

BJ,

Sounds like good news to me--I also like that you are following up with your doc who knows all about you and your medical history. Better to be safe with this stuff and have a little peace of mind as well...keep us posted.

B.J., that really does sound like good news. I go through this every time I have a mammogram. I have to get an ultrasound each time. I have a breast surgeon who I see every six months and he closely follows my results. I have a strong family history, so they are really cautious, but it wrecks my nerves every time. Last time I had to have two breast MRI's with contrast, and fortunately it still turned out to be nothing.

Now you can relax and tell your hubby :wink: , if you are so inclined.

Gina