Pray for my FATHER, please

sophia88

My Father has just been diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. My heart is tearing apart and my tears could fill an ocean. I am trying to be postive as he has such a strong will. He sees his new oncologist on June 4. His HMO made him come back to his home state for treatment (from FLA where all his friends are) Please pray for strength and a miracle for our family. Amen..my prayers are with all of you who are dealing with this nightmare. WE are all family in this fight for survival. Thank you[/b]

Sophia -

Prayers for your father are winging their way to heaven.

It's devastating at first - the initial shock can just fill an ocean with tears.

Keep coming here for support and information and let your dad know there are a lot of people fighting this battle and holding FIRM!

Love and hugs,

Sophia,

Gosh how I know how your feeling. I am watching my mom battle this crap disease. I am only getting through this by the people of this website. They are THE most supportive, loving, caring, knowlodged people around. Their is always someone with knowlodge about whatever your questions will be.

Cry all you want here, yell vent scream, talk, ramble on about nothing. but tell your dad he has to develop the "I am gonna kick this cancers *ss" attitude. Get mad and get informed, be his advocate and dont stop learning about his cancer. Ask the onc. questions and write answers down. if you dont like his answers or his attitude find another doc. who does care. This is a battle, a battle that can be won. So get pissed at cancer and do what has to be done to win.

sorry about the soap box but its the only way I can get through this.

Dear Sophia,

I will keep your father and your family in my prayers. The initial shock of the diagnosis is horrible! When my beloved mom was diagnosed in March I thought my world was ending. Then I found this wonderful group of people here and started getting proactive about her treatment. I begant alking to my mom about how we are going to beat this awful disease and that she will be around to watch her grandkids grow. Hope is wonderful, never give up on it. And when there are days that you do feel lost, the supportive and loving people here help you go on. You are in my prayers.

Prayers on on their way in my corner of the earth for your father too. Its soo hard in the beginning. I couldn't work, eat, sleep, be with my kids, or my husband, I basically shut down, and crying...whew lets talk about the crying.

Know its not a death sentence...my mom is still doing pretty good and she is 7 months into treatment. She has good and bad days...but you get used to them. (Sounds bad I know...but true). Please know that GOD is there, and you have to trust in him. (Don't lose faith my new friend. )

I will also pray for you to have the strength that you need for this battle too. We all can WIN!!! I want to let you know that first hand.

Hang in there my new friend, and we're all here if you need us.

Rana

Sophia,

I am not too far behind you, my special father was only just diagnosed in May. He has fought two battles with non hodgkins lymphoma in the last four years and now this. It is through a lot of praying and this board that I get through the day. And, Im much more at peace now that he has started treatment. Once you start fighting it, you feel like youre doing something not just waiting for the next test, next results, next appt.

Youve come upon a wonderful support group here. Keep us posted.