Worried

tnmynatt

Just got home from church. My husband told me he was concerned about his neck. He has swelling in his neck on one side--like a swollen lymph node or something. Does anyone know what this could be or mean? He had CT scans on Monday and we see the Dr. on Friday. I'm really getting worried now. Please pray for Charlie and me. Thanks.

Ry,

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't clear. He had the scans this past Monday. We see the dr. this Friday. Only a day and a half to be concerned and unknowing (I guess). I have always been a worrier. As an old minister use to say: "If you have time to worry, you have time to pray." Good advice. I will try to stay calm. THanks again.

Oops! No you were clear, I can't read. :oops: So let me try this again...

how about calling tomorrow and asking if he should be worked in or talk to the nurse and ask her what she thinks it is. Maybe he can be seen sooner.

The waiting is the hardest part.... and our minds tend to always suspect the worse. I vote on calling the doctor and saying " Look, we are really concerned about this and would appreciate if you could squeeze my husband in today" Everytime I have done this my docs have been more than accomodating. Let us know how you make out. (((Positive Vibes))))

Tina,

It may not be anything. My dad had cancer detected in his lymph, and he felt, saw, nothing. Now, just a week from clean biopsy results, something is swolen in his neck, and dr. says its nothing. You never can tell until you talk to the doc. When there was cancer-nothing. No cancer...swollen neck scared the crap out of us. Tell your dr. that your VERY worried (play it up!!!) and would like to know ASAP, and could you call if you havent heard anything... knowing how worried you are, the dr may speed things along...

Hoping its NOTHING

Jamie

Thanks guys! My husband won't go for trying to see the dr. before tomorrow. I will have to be patient. Thanks for all the words of encouragement and support. I finally made it to work and it is taking my mind off of things. As Ginny says, cross all body parts. Thanks again.