Update

bluebayou

Hi Friends:

My last update told you about my returning cancer. My onc made an appoinment with a view to removing the tumour via surgery. Small problem there...the neurosurgeon sees NO tumour and so..no surgery.

He made an appointment for me next week for additional testing. He (the neurosurgeon) thinks its nerve-related. Then a return appointment for results end of August. Needless to say, that date is unacceptable. So we contacted our onc and said that the two have to get together and consult on this and do it sooner rather than later.

I have since found out that they indeed have spoken and my MRI is on its way to the neurosurgeon.

Meanwhile I wait and wait and fret about the tumour (if indeed there is one) growing in size. I remain in awful pain (trying various meds to relieve the pain) and deaf. That is another story for another time.

Take care you all. You are the best.

God Bless Us,

Francine

P.S. If you are wondering what the neurosurgeon based his opinion on in view of the fact he seems not to have had my MRI, you are not the only ones. I was under the impression he had both MRI and radialogist's report in his possessiom when I saw him. Confusion reigns (as always)

Jeesh Francine, talk about a roller coaster ride!! I am so sorry that you are going through this...

Perhaps there is another neurosurgeon in town if this one doesn't do any confidence boosting after he sees the report? How could he make decisions without seeing the MRI?? I know you don't need me telling you this, but I have to anyway..make sure you stay right ON top of this guy..

I wish you all the best Francine and you are in my thoughts as always...

Francine,

I hope and pray that the tumor is not there. This all sounds like the ride they took my Buddy on. All this college knowledge and they still can't read the test results....I sure don't understand this. HOpe and pray for you each night....

Francine,

Gosh, I can imagine how you must feel....I hate not knowing what is going on. One of them should be able to give you something that will help with the pain. If I were you I would try a second neurosurgeon. How can he possibly know if you have a lesion if he hasn't even see the MRI results himself? You are in my thoughts and prayers...as always.

Nina

Since I've been through this very thing I empathize with you, Francine. And I hope that you have accurate information and a good treatment plan in place very soon. I am just very sorry that you have to deal with something like this at all. It shouldn't happen....to anyone....ever.

I have come to believe that if you put 3 doctors in a room to come up with a diagnosis and a plan, you will get 37 dx and 144 plans, I am being conservative.

Francine, I hope you get all the right answers soon and that they are good news answers.

Keep us posted.

Again, many thx for your posts.

BeckyCW, I am deaf right now (95%) left ear and about 50% in other ear as a result of cisplatin. That is what my onc said. I've been bouncing around different doctors and the last one said that it might clear up. That was six weeks ago and I see him next Monday.

Keep you posted.

God Bless us All,

Francine

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Norme is right. All that college and the goofballs still can't read tests correctly. :evil: I'm praying that all the news you get this week will be good and you can get off this roller coaster ride.

Cat