Duke of Earl - Chapter 66 - He needs your prayers

ginnyde

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ginny, I amvery sorry to hear of Earl's condition.I hope you can keep holding up,it is very hard with all your doing.Yours is a situation where I think being a caregiver is more difficult than being a patient.Please hang in there I;m praying that Earl gets his sparkle back soon.

Ginny~

I just read your second post about the Nextels. Why not get a baby monitor you can carry around the house so all he needs to do is talk? We use them a lot with some of our idividuals that have seizures so staff can hear them in another room. Most are sensitive enough you'll hear him breathing.

Let us know what happens Monday. All the best Ginny.

Ginny, please know that you and Earl are in our prayers. This journey is never easy and you never seem to know what is around the corner.

Remember to take care of yourself as well. God Bless you both. Just a thought, might some of the things you described be a side effect of the meds?

Bonnie and Howard

Fay A. covered my thoughts.....If only for a magic wand to wave. :cry:

It is so easy to note the pain in your words of not seeing that sparkle in Earl's eyes....and I pray for it's return. Your devotion to the Duke...and the force of your continuing hope and positive attitude is always so inspiring, Ginny.

I hope you get some answers...the kind of answers you want and need...on Monday. Know that we'll all be with you in spirit...and continuing to send up prayers.

And don't apologize...ever....for feeling like a downer. It's not you...it's just this d*mn disease and what it does to all of us....that we have those moments. Thank goodness we can come here...and know that others understand and will hold out a hand when we need it.

Thinking of you both Ginny.....hoping that Monday brings some good news, some answers and a way to put some sparkle back in Earl's eyes.

oh Ginny, I am thinking of you. I think the idea of baby monitors sounds like a good plan.... would ease your mind knowing you can hear Earl whenever he needs you. I can't imagine what you are going through, so I won't pretend I can.... I can only send you my love and wishes for strength for you and for Earl to gain some of that "Duke" spark back again. I am sure he is very frutstrated himself. Love, Sharon

So sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you and Earl right now. Hoping that Earl can take a turn for the better and get that twinkle back in the eye for this sweet, vibrant man. As Faye said, I wish I had that magic wand.

Please keep us posted and know that we are thinking about you and Earl.

Gail P-M

Guest bean_si (Not Active)

Ginny,

I'm sorry that you and your husband are going through so many troubles. I will pray for you both, hoping that you will again feel the sparkle in his eyes.

Cat

Ginny

Wish I could offer you two more than words. I am thankful Earl seems to be in little physical pain. The sadness this disease brings to so many is, however, so painful. For today, I wish for at least one smile for the each of you.

elaine

It is totally the brain tumors affecting Earl, that he is unable to be the old him like my dad. Similar experience as you that I found no twinkle in his eyes, he cannot walk and move around, only lying on the bed as he was paralysed. The brain tumors affected all movements as well as his vision and his ability to speak :evil: . So I totally and fully understand what you feel while you are looking at the current Earl and it was very upset and heartbroken.

I wish Temodar works very well on Earl and I heard that this drug is amazing. Keep hope and talk more to Earl for sharing memories & your feelings, especially Earl himself, should talk more to you.

Keep us posted and Earl is in my prayers.

Ginny,

I am so sorry to hear Earl is not doing well. You and Earl are in my prayers each day. Instead of the WBR, is it possible for Earl to have the stereotactic radiation for the brain? It can be pinpointed directly to the tumor. It is only one treatment instead of several. You might want to ask the doctor if this is an option. What about the wafers that can be implanted into the brain. It sounds like the tumors in the brain are the problem. I know the Decadron is a problem also. I am trying to wean off of that stuff right now. The side effects are horrible, weight gain, moodiness, headaches, muscle breakdown and etc.. I pray that the Temador is working. Will you know after the MRI tests are completed. The doctor needs to let you know as soon as he knows. It would be nice if we all lived closer and could help one another. If you need to talk, please call me. Thinking of you...

Blessings, prayers and gentle hugs,

Karen

Ginny,

I am so very sorry to hear...

Heartfelt prayers going up for Earl and for you....

(((((((((((((((((((((((Ginny)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((((((Earl)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I wish there were something I could do....

There is a bright side - he doesn't seem to be in pain.

Love you,

XOXOXOXOX

MaryAnn

Dear Ginny,

There is so little that I can add to what others have said, but still I feel I must tell you how much I feel for you AND for your wonderful Earl and how sad I am. Somehow I feel HIS sadness, and I can only guess at the depth of yours. Today you're at the hospital and perhaps you'll have some answers. At anyrate, I'll put you on my very inadequate prayer list and send up whatever thoughts, hopes, vibes and prayers I can for both of you.

Try and take care of yourself as well -- I know how difficult that is at this time, but you must! I'm glad you have family to help at this dreadful time. Do try to get some rest and make life as easy as it possibly can be for yourself.

Hugs for you both,

Ellen

I can only love him, feed him, give him his meds and take care of him.

And that, dear Ginny, is SO VERY much. You are the best person in the world to do this for him. Earl needs you more than anyone else to be nearby, to hold his hand, to talk to him. No one else is better suited to the task than you, although you MUST find time to rest, too. Take care, Ginny.